Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pineapple salsa

This is my new favorite appetizer and it totally helps that it's super cute too! I made this for the tropical bridal shower I had for my friend and then made it again last weekend for a potluck BBQ.


Pineapple Salsa
1 whole pineapple
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 small serrano pepper, finely chopped (seeds removed)
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped 
Juice of 1 lime
Dash of salt (I'm still obsessed with the pink sea salt from Costco!!)

To make the pineapple "bowl," lay the pineapple down on a cutting board and cut about 1/3 off, leaving the stem attached to the "bowl" - then cut around the outer edge and scoop out the pineapple fruit (I used a spoon to loosen and scoop and it came out pretty easily). Pour out any remaining juice so the "bowl" is empty. Then dice pineapple you removed into very small finely chopped squares. Mix with all other ingredients and serve in the pineapple "bowl." Delish! I served with tortilla chips, but this would also be excellent in fish tacos, or as a topping for grilled chicken or steak! 

Xo

8 comments:

  1. I'm not a big pineapple person, but this looks very delicious!! Perfect for summer too!! :-) Thank you for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this looks so good. My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute is right! This looks yummy, and festive and I bet it is oh so tasty! Great recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! That looks delicious and it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious and I love the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is the cutest thing ever! I'm not really a huge pineapple fan (I know, I'm crazy) but I really want to make this for our next bbq! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top