Thursday, June 30, 2016

Fooooood!!!!

Most people hate food pics on social media but I looooove them!! I am a big recipe researcher too though so I love to see what other people are cooking. Here's what we've been having lately ...

Blueberries!! Our berry crops are in full swing, and this year we have strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. So delicious!! Our blueberry plants aren't producing very much yet but the ones they have are quite tasty. 


Summer BBQ! We try to have "date dinners" on Saturday nights if we're at home, which means we eat after the kids go to bed. This weekend, we got fresh broccoli at the Farmer's Market, which we roasted in olive oil and sea salt, and Grant grilled up some amazing ribs. Then we paired with a side salad that had greens, balsamic dressing, feta, red onion and raspberries from our yard. So good! 


Zoodles! Zoodles continue to be a huge hit with me and I love using my little $7 spiralizer. So easy, so delicious and so much healthier and nutritious than a giant plate of pasta. This version was a Pesto Caprese Zoodle dish I sort of made up. Here's the recipe: 4 small zucchinis spiralized into "noodles," a cup of roasted cherry tomatoes (to roast, I cut in half, toss in olive oil and sea salt and cook at 425 for 15 mins), 1/4 cup pesto, 1/2 cup of fresh mozzarella cheese diced into bite sized pieces, and chopped fresh basil. In a large skillet, add "zoodles" and pesto and sautee on medium until zoodles begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Add roasted tomatoes. Turn off heat and add mozz (so it just barely melts), and top with chopped basil and some grated parm. We also topped with sliced grilled chicken. 


Grilled prawns with peppers and spanish "rice." By now you can tell I'm obsessed with using cauliflower as "rice." I buy it pre "riced" in bags at Trader Joe's (although Target also has it) and it's so delicious and less carbo heavy than real rice. For this recipe, I sauteed a TBL of garlic in a little olive oil, then added a 16 oz bag of riced cauliflower and a cup of red enchilada sauce and a 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro. I sauteed for 5 minutes or so. While that was cooking, I sauteed some sliced bell peppers until charred and then mixed into the "rice" and cooked for another 5 or so minutes. When the rice/pepper mixture was done, I topped with shrimp we'd pre-grilled, salsa, a 1/4 sliced avocado, extra cilantro and a little sour cream. So good! 


Xo



4 comments:

  1. Everything looks SO delicious!! Now I am hungry! Haha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with food pics on social media. I love seeing them, love posting them but I hate that seeing them always makes me want whatever it is haha! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. People don't like food pics!? I love them...except for the fact that they make me hungry! Those zoodles sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love food pics and recipes. All your meals look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top