Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Palm Springs vacation: part 2!

Ahh, back to vacation posting. I always wish I take more vacation time so I can have a few days off once I get home. Remind me next time!!

Anyway, here I am on the patio as I was every morning with a giant cup of coffee and the warm morning sun on my face. It's never that warm in the mornings here or I might have to adopt this ritual at home! So peaceful! 


More pool time with Owen, the sweet boy! 


And of course selfies in the pool with our little fishy Lila. We have an underwater digital camera but we don't seem to ever use our digital cameras anymore. Thankfully my phone survived without being dropped in the pool. 


My FAVORITE summer salad, caprese with tomato, mozz, fresh basil, light olive oil and a bit of balsamic glaze. So delicious!! 


And more naptime cocktails, this fresh grapefruit "greyhound" for me and "salty dog" for Grant (which is a greyhound but using gin instead of vodka, and a salted rim). 


This I like to call "The Berenstain Bears and too much vacation." Poor Owen was so each day after a long day at the pool. 


Lila had endless energy though - cheeese! 


Last Friday we went to Joshua Tree National Park, which is about an hour drive from Palm Springs. It's SO COOL. 


It's all very desert like but a mix of the cool Joshua Trees, which look right out of a Dr. Seuss book, along with huge boulder rocks and cactus. You drive through the park and there's several little stops to view various sites as well as do mini hikes. Here we are in front of the cactus garden.


Cheese! This scenery also reminded me of parts of Breaking Bad where they drove way out into the desert for drug deals. Yikes. Haha.



This is a Joshua Tree! Looks like part cactus, part tree. 


And these are some of the boulders. Very cool to climb and hike around, although rattle snakes love hiding in the crevices. Thankfully we didn't see any!!  


We returned home in time for another happy hour (I swear we don't drink a lot ... normally). This time, Bloody Mary's!


Selfie at dusk! Love how warm it stays late there. 


And yet another morning coffee photo ... 


Last Saturday we went to the Living Desert, which is part zoo, part botanical garden, and also has a random outdoor model train set. Coincidentally, we went on "Train Day" which was RIGHT up Owen's alley. We barely saw anything else during our visit because he didn't want to leave the "choo choo" area. 


They even had little train rides - so happy! 


And the kids could paint little train magnets. 


After we hit a little street festival for some takeout for lunch and they had these amazing huge lawn chairs. 


Mmmm, my FAVORITE Mexican food dish - chilaquiles!!!!!!!!!!!! These were so amazing. 


Followed by another happy hour - with fresh orange grapefruit cocktails!! 


And a kissy pic, courtesy of Lila!!! (She loves taking pics now!) 


On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day brunch on the patio with french toast, bacon, fresh squeezed OJ and fruit - I'm so spoiled!!!


So good! 


And I feel like my life as a mom can be summed up perfectly in the pajama top I was wearing ... 


Then it was our last day at the pool!! We had such a great day and I'm so thankful to be "Mama" to these sweet kids. 


Although Grant has to be my "biggest kid" for sure especially with all his crazy antics in the pool ... another pic by Lila!!! 


And alas, back to the airport. At least it's outside complete with a kids' playground to make the waiting go by quickly!!!! 


Wheeee!!! 


The pilot let the kids sit in his seat before we left!! I was a little nervous because I think Owen pushed every button within reach, but thankfully our flight landed safely! 


We had such a great time and so many laughs and memories!!!! Now I need to book our next trip so we have something to look forward to!!!

Xo

7 comments:

  1. what an awesome vacation. So many beautiful pictures!! And you got chilaquiles!? #jealous

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely my favorite summer salad too! I love how much time you guys spent outdoors - this is a trip the kids will 100% remember! And I'm totally with you on booking another trip to have something to look forward to! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a super fun vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks so good! And I want that coffee shirt haha! Glad you guys had such an amazing trip, I'm uber jealous! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joshua Tree National Park looks so cool! I have to agree with Pamela, I kept thinking, "Her hair is so pretty and perfect!" in every picture hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful vacation! Loving all your different happy hours, and so perfect to end with a Mother's Day celebration! Glad you guys all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning coffee and afternoon cocktails by the pool.... doesn't get better than that <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top