Thursday, April 21, 2016

A little life lately ...

We're having a great week around here with our summer temps, meaning lots of time outdoors and not as much on the computer blogging! I'm also counting down the days to our annual Palm Springs vacation ... I can't wait for 10 days of no work, the hot desert sun, happy hours on the patio, fresh citrus, time in the pool, and so on. 
Not really a huge coffee drinker but I absolutely loooooooooove Starbucks ❤️:

Here's some of what's been going on with us lately ...

+ Plenty of time outdoors after school/work. The kids love eating dinner outside too. I can't believe it's been warm enough for that lately, but - reality check - it'll be 55 and rainy by this weekend. Boo hoo. 


+ Grant's been working on making a little birdhouse with the kids. They collected some little sticks from the woods and now are constructing it together. 


+ Sunshine = plenty of popsicles and ice cream! YUM! 


+ Out comes the summer wardrobe. You can't see it well in this pic, but this is one of my new Lilly Pulitzer t-shirt dresses. It's SO comfy and nice enough to wear to work! 




+ We've continued to grill up a storm - steaks with my new fav side dish ... balsamic bell peppers and avocado slides topped with cilantro. So delish!! 


+ Lila's taken up an interest in "photography" and has perfected her selfie pose ... 


... And then wants to take pics of me doing the same thing ... so attractive. 


+ Bonus of having kids wake you up early on Saturday morning means you're on a warm sunshiney walk before 9 a.m. ... so pretty out!! Owen's been loving his "go Seahawks!" hat (as he calls it) too. Did I mention spring workouts have started!? When's football season!? 


Hope you're having a great week!!

Xo

8 comments:

  1. Gosh this post gave me a summer feeling!! So much fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! You guys seem to definitely be making the most of the gorgeous weather! I got that Lilly dress this year, too, and love it! Just haven't had a chance to wear it yet, but hoping to this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that dress looks amazing on you!! Yay for the countdown for vacation - 10 days in palm springs will be amazing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO jealous of your 10 day vacation upcoming! And that Lilly t-shirt dress is the cutest! I kinda want it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pic of your husband and son building their project together, so sweet!

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that dress. So perfect for Spring and Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh Owen helping make the birdhouse...priceless! Also wow Lila has amazing dark eyelashes. I think it's hilarious that he calls it his "go Seahawks hat" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with your dress!!

    And that steak. That looks delicious!

    Speaking of selfies....yesterday Sophie was holding a camera (digital) and turned it like we turn our phones and make the clicking sound and then held up to her head and started talking......I don't know what's worse the fact that we take selfies or the fact that she knows how to take one.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top