Monday, March 14, 2016

Springin' into Monday

Good morning!! Hope you had a great weekend! It was super stormy/windy/rainy around here. So thankfully spring is on it's way, and even though we've officially "sprung" forward ... it's got me a little bit like ...


Losing an hour is tiring!! 

Despite that we had a pretty good weekend. I had plenty of coffee, naturally ... 


And because it was so gross outside we hit the pool on Saturday morning for a little indoor splash pad fun. 


Saturday night I continued my adventures it trying to cook new things by making Cioppino!! Have you ever made this before? It's essentially a seafood stew of sorts and is quite delicious! It's a tomato/wine broth with mussels, scallops, prawns and cod. I think the traditional version includes a giant crab leg too, but we went without. 


Sunday we met friends at the zoo and it was POURING!!! We all hid in the tropical house for half the time, which felt amazing! 


And had to stop for a little drive in burger and fry action on the way home! 


In the afternoon a wind storm rolled in and despite how freezing and miserable I though it was, the kids wanted to play outside ... BRRRR! 


Hope you had a great weekend!!

Xo

12 comments:

  1. That dinner looks AMAZING! Wow, the presentation is spot on, too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cioppino looks amazing! I've never heard of it, but anything with seafood is a win in my book :) Glad you were able to get some fun in despite the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I have never made that but sounds so good!! Oh girl, I hear ya, this daylight savings thing is kicking my butt, driving to work in the dark again darn it! You're right, I need a big ole coffee! I hope your week does get off to a wonderful start

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seafood dish sounds absolutely AMAZING! And I hear ya on daylight savings--I'm chugging Starbucks as I type this! Happy Monday!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made Cioppino but I've had it before and loved it!! Definitely want to try it at home one night!! I've had one more cup of coffee than normal today lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take two of the DLST ones! I woke up late today even though I swore to myself I wouldn't...so much for that one.

    I feel like I've heard of that meal before, but maybe not. It does sound like something we would have down here since we're seafood crazy.

    We had rain this Friday and Saturday but it ended up being gorgeous on Sunday, and thankfully not too cold! Something I expected.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sucks your weather was crappy but it sounds like you guys made the best of it! Your dinner Saturday night... dang girl! That looks like something you'd get at a restaurant, so fancy! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried Cioppino but it sounds delicious and looks like restaurant quality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry it's been so rainy, but the indoor splash pad sounds like so much fun! You guys are continuing to rock those Saturday night dinners - YUM! <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. That starbucks/daylight savings time picture is beyond accurate haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is 100% #truth. I needed allllllll the coffee this weekend! Hope you got to see some animals at the zoo despite all the rain!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had an indoor pool to go to when it's cold and rainy!!! That'd be awesome!! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top