Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Easter Eggs

Decoating Easter Eggs is a fun, cheap and easy craft and we already had everything at home. Win! I really need to do more "crafting" with the kids but often it's a mess or requires a bunch of stuff we don't have and I'd rather just not bother. 

This is easy though! Here's what we did: 


Hardboil your eggs and let them cool. Meanwhile, prep your colors! For each color, you need 1/2 cup boiling water, 1 tsp white vinegar and about 20 drops of food coloring. My "purple" turned out greyish/black (oops), but otherwise we had red, yellow, orange, green and blue, but you can mix and match colors and get as fancy as you want. 


Then we decorated the eggs. We colored some with crayons (the wax blocks out the dye), used tape on others and then rubber bands on some too. The kids mostly liked using tape and coloring on them, but if you're going for looks the rubber band ones turn out the prettiest. 


Dying away!



The kids were super cute trying to be "careful" with the eggs - I don't think they understood what hardboiled means, but nevertheless they were very gentle. 


Then we let them dry on a rack for a few minutes ... 


Then filled them in a pretty glass bowl on our breakfast table. 


Fun and easy! The kids were very proud of themselves and they make a festive little addition to our table. 

Xo

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I haven't dyed eggs in years, but it always was such a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did such a great job!! Dyeing Easter eggs was one of my favorite things to do growing up!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't ever dyed eggs...but I'm thinking I might join in on the fun my nieces and nephew do it lol!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I dropped the ball the last few years on dying Easter Eggs, so this year that needs to change <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to love decorating eggs and I can't wait for my girls to be big enough to help me. Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top