Sunday, February 28, 2016

Workin' away


Happy Monday!! Work has been nuts lately and this week I'm at a conference all week downtown! Ready for this thing to be over. And, even though I worked part of Sunday we still managed to have some fun this weekend! 

Here's what we were up to ...

Saturday morning meant lots of coffee and PJs. You can't tell from the pic but my PJs say "I will be fine once the coffee kicks in" - oh isn't that so true!! 


Then it was time to hit Costco! And even though it was barely 11 am when we were leaving the kids begged to have a Costco lunch! Cheap and easy are hard to say no to so we had some pizza and a berry smoothie before heading out.


After naps we headed outside! It was beautiful and sunny and even though it wasn't very warm the kids wanted to pretend it was summer. Even the cherry blossoms are starting to bloom!


Cheese!! A little cold not to wear coats, but fun to see signs of spring.


After the kids went to bed, Grant and I continued our "at home" weekend date night tradition with more scallops! This time atop mashed cauliflower, roasted broccoli, and balsamic mushrooms. So good!! And even if we can't go out all the time, it's fun to make fancy restaurant type meals at home! 


Sunday we lounged around the house and Lila gave us all a check up with her Doc McStuffins kit. I asked her if she was Doc McStuffins (which is a show on Nick Jr if you didn't know) and she relied "No, I'm Elsa McStuffins." Lol!


Then I headed downtown for a work event to kick off our conference and also film another video (thankfully I didn't have to be in this one!)

It'll be another busy week for me! I'm hoping it goes by quickly! Hope you have a great week!

Xo

11 comments:

  1. Call me crazy but usually I prefer to make a fancy meal at home then go out. It's always so disappointing to have poor service when you're paying to be out so at least at home I know what to expect! :) And love the cherry blossoms! I hope you guys start getting some spring like weather very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday mornings with coffee in Jammie's is the best!!! What a precious picture of the kiddies and hello yummy date in dinner! Sounds fantastic! Hope this work week is better, mine has been nuts lately too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tradition of at-home date nights! And how pretty are those cherry blossoms?! YUM to Costco pizza! Cheers to a fabulous week gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I'm not the only one who loves costco pizza! Its so good..I think its the cheese to sauce ratio..I'm convinced! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am rarely making it to 11 before I need lunch haaha.I haven't eaten at costco before, but I'm sure there food is delicious! I love pizza.

    those cherry blossoms look gorgeous! I love springtime! Gorgeous weather (for the most part) and blooms.

    Lila's so cute, Else McSTuffins.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dinner at home sounds wonderful - love me some scallops! Glad you were able to enjoy bits of the weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shirt! Your at home dinner sounds wonderful, scallops are seriously so delicious! As is Costco lunch haha, I haven't been there in forever but I definitely remember begging my parents for pizza while shopping there as a kid lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cherry blossoms--so pretty! That drink in your hand looks pretty dang refreshing (and pretty!). I would've begged for Costco pizza too, at any time of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at those scallops--omg YUM! Can't believe your cherry blossoms are already starting to bloom too! My favorite time of year!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 things!: what do you put in your coffee to make it look so delish? do y'all love having a costco membership? we just let our sam's club membership expire and I've heard that costco is so great!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your conference is going well! And I can never resist eating at Costco. The prices can't be beat and the food is delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top