Monday, February 1, 2016

Tell Us About ...

Happy Monday! Hope you had a nice weekend. Today I'm linking up with Mattie, Katie and Julie for the "Tell Us About ..." link up. Today's topic is girl's nights, chick flicks and cocktails. 

Let's be honest - I LOVE me a good cocktail, although I wouldn't say I really drink much. Maybe on the weekends, but mostly in the summer or on vacation. There's nothing I love more than sitting outside on our patio with a good cocktail, warm sunshine and a relaxing dinner. Otherwise I stick to wine. Or Crystal Light haha. #nothealthy.

My favorite "girl's night" or night out of old used to look like this ...

This is what happens on our wine tours.  @Kelly Teske Goldsworthy Porter Peoples @Elena Navarro Tuzi:

Now they usually look more like this!! Which is totally fine with me!


As for cocktails, I have a few favorites. 
1. Bloody Mary - so good and come with snacks - win win! 
2. Any kind of champagne cocktail - always a win with me
3. Anything citrusy - I love margaritas, mojitos, etc. or anything really with fresh juice. 
4. Holiday cocktails! I always have to have signature cocktails for holidays, and love anything festive. This could be a cranberry cocktail, holiday sangria, eggnog, pumpkin pie martini, etc. 
5. I also just really like wine. Especially crisp white in the summer or red any other time. 

We usually do a wine tasting trip every late summer/fall and it's one of my favorites!


These were the cranberry cocktails we had for Thanksgiving this year. So festive!


Holiday homemade eggnog!


Or these watermelon cocktails which were perfect for summer ...


As for chick flicks,  it's hard to narrow them down and pick ONE favorite, but I would have to say my all-time favorite chick flick is ... 


CLUELESS! Although this movie is 21 years old (OMG nooooo .... I looked it up). I distinctly remember seeing it with my friends in our small town's one movie theater and being OBSESSED. One night after hearing us say the lines over and over for months, my Dad surprised me by coming home from work with the VHS tape he'd bought for me - eeekkkkk! Shrieking ensued and I was over the moon. Now I think - GOOD LORD it was highly inappropriate for my age at the time but most of the little one liners went over my head anyway. 

19 Things All Hot Messes Wish Everyone Else Understood


15 comments:

  1. Now you have me wanting to see clueless again! It's been ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clueless is one of my favorite movies of all time! How fun is this post! Just love me a good cocktail. Hope your week is off to a great start lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes YES to Clueless! It honestly might be my all time favorite movie! I have to hear what you thought about Grease live last night! I was actually really impressed!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I love anything Grease. The music is so fun and I loved the cast!

      Delete
  4. clueless still holds up all of these years later! and it makes me feel old, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clueless is the best and yes, totally, watching as an adult I am like "wow this movie was not appropriate for an 11 year old." But, I didn't catch like half the references so all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I love your before and after nights. I don't think I've ever really had those kind of nights too much, then again I got pregnant relatively after I turned 21 so I didn't get a chance to party that much. I think they're much more fun now :)

    I don't think I've ever seen Clueless I hear about it all of the time, but I've never watched it. Who was in it?

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same as you about wine - white in the summer, or red any other time. Your Thanksgiving cocktails look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clueless is a classic - such a great movie and loving all your cocktails girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to anything with champagne or citrus/fresh juice! And Clueless is such a classic! I can never get sick of watching it. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw, I love everything!!! And that 'just one more bottle' meme never fails to crack me up. hahaha. Gosh, so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love champagne cocktails. We recently had a surprise birthday for my best friend and we had to come up with champagne cocktails. Favorite. I love Clueless. I haven't watched it in years, but it is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun post! I will definitely have to co-sign the love for holiday cocktails and anything with champagne. Always a good idea <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pics are all so pretty! I don't even drink but went on a girls trip to Napa and it was so fun and relaxing. Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh your list of favorite drinks is spot on! Those are all the best kinds of drinks! I feel the same way about 10 Things I Hate About You that you do about Clueless. My best friend and I used to rent it like every weekend (on VHS from a video store...hashtag 90s life) in ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. So inappropriate! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top