Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Monday

Happy Monday! Hope you had a lovely weekend. I had a glorious weekend, because as I shared Friday, I got my Lasik done and WOW - it's AMAZING!!!!! It seriously took less than 10 minutes start to finish, immediately after I could see (it was foggy but I could SEE well!) and the after a three hour Valium-induced nap (they give you Valium so you can sleep through the bad watering/burning that happens in the hours following), I woke up with nearly perfect vision. They are a bit scratchy still and I'm on a ridiculous eye drop schedule, but at my post-op appointment less than 24 hours later I had 20/15 vision! Amazing! I was also surprised I wasn't left with zombie apocalypse bloodshot red eyes after - here I am right after my post-op!


On Saturday, Grant took the kids out while I was at my post-op appointment, which meant I had time to sneak in a quick pedicure before going home to "rest" my eyes. I tried a book on tape with Amazon's Audible app. I got bored after about 30 minutes, but it was cool to try. 

Sunday I decorated a bit for Valentine's Day, which meant a cute little banner on the mantle. Another Target $1 bin special! 


Sunday morning we went out for a nice walk around Greenlake to get some fresh air before the Super Bowl. It was such a pretty morning here! Cheeese!

We stopped at a little "walk up" coffee stand and Lila was thrilled to order her own how chocolate. 


Yum! 


OK now let's talk Super Bowl. Did you watch!? To start - I was AMAZED by Lady Gaga. Anytime I hear her sing something serious I'm always in awe of how good her voice is. I did get a big kick out of this though ... She did look "patriotic" to say the least!!


I also was a bit underwhelmed by the commercials this year! Usually I have a few favorites but didn't really have any of them stick out to me this year! Did anyone else feel the same?!

I was kind of surprised with the outcome but was really happy for Peyton Manning. Hopefully he can retire into the sunset with an amazing Super Bowl win. 

Hope you have a great week!

Xo




13 comments:

  1. Too funny I thought the same thing about Lady Gaga...Effie Trinket?? Ha!! And super disappointed with the commercials. YAY Lasik is done!!! I was thrilled the Broncos won, we love our Peyton here in Indiana. I hope you have a lovely start to your week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you think of the half time show this year? Isn't lasik amazing?! Glad it went so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that Lady Gaga meme on Instagram and laughed so hard! She seriously has an INCREDIBLE voice though! So glad to hear your Lasik surgery went well! Maybe one day I'll get brave enough to take the plunge!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad your surgery went well! I told you it's crazy how quickly you can see after getting it done, the best! And I enjoyed that Valium induced coma LOL! I thought Lady Gaga was better than the half time performance! Girl can sing! That meme had me cracking up though! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great your surgery went so well! I loved that Lady Gaga meme, honestly Twitter was the most interesting part of the game for me! I was underwhelmed by both the commercials and the game itself wasn't that exciting - but I"m glad Manning got his win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That valentine's banner is so cute! I'm not a football fan and we don't get a lot of the commercials here in Canada so that Lady Gaga meme was the highlight of my Super Bowl Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear your lasik went well and now you can see like no other!! That was so true about Lady Gaga's makeup but her skin was flawless!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great!! Glad to hear it went well! I can't believe how it easy it is to have done. I get so freaked out with things coming to my eyes I don't think I could handle lasik.

    I saw that meme on facebook, Lady Gaga has been really tame lately, but whooo, that look made me laugh.

    liz @ j for joiner

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought Lady Gaga was so great too! I agree about her voice. I guess I never realized how great her voice really is because I'm used to her over the top songs. That's awesome that the Lasik procedure was so quick and that your vision is so clear now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That banner is so cute and even better for $1!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your surgery went well! I posted that same Lady Gaga pic on my Facebook. She sounded amazing but what was up with that outfit?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to hear you LASIK went well. It reallllly makes me want to get it done!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute pictures, like the post ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: TRAVEL STYLE WITH FUR COAT

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top