Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Groundhog Day

So it's Groundhog Day here in the US. I don't really believe in this ridiculous holiday, but ALWAYS wish for an early spring and get mad when the groundhog calls for six more weeks of winter. Why I get mad, I don't know. But whatever.

Did you ever see the old movie, Groundhog Day!? Where the day repeats over and over and over?



In 'celebration' of today, I thought it'd be fun to share my ideal Groundhog Day - what I'd do if I had to repeat a day over and over.

First, I'd wake up early on a warm summer day (and naturally, with no alarm clock needed) to a quiet house where I'd go downstairs and sit outside on the patio in the warm morning air.

I love the morning sun streaming down on our backyard.



Coffee enjoyed outdoors during a quiet morning is also one of my favorite times of day.



Then the family would wake up and we'd have an indulgent breakfast. 




Then maybe we'd hit the beach. Maybe a tropical beach (which we'd magically appear at?) or maybe one around home.




Then while the kids napped, I'd enjoy a relaxing book and cocktail.



And maybe a swim!




Then it'd be happy hour!! I love a fun cocktail especially on vacation.



Bloody Mary's are always a good idea ...




Then I'd enjoy a delicious homemade meal outside. I love eating al fresco in the summertime. Love BBQ ribs and corn in the summertime!



And giant shrimp cocktails are one of my favs too ...



Then maybe we'd have a little backyard campfire!



Or maybe go out for ice cream!



And then close the day by watching some football!! Even though their games are usually during the day, a night game would be fun too.




And that's it. Essentially I guess I really am just wishing for summer.

What'd be on your ideal "Groundhog Day" ... ?

Xo

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome day to repeat! All these photos are making me miss summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the idea for this post! i think we've got an early spring coming, yay! your day sounds wonderful--nice and relaxing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all - brilliant idea for a post!! Second of all that sounds like the perfect day - I would take warm (ish) weather and cocktails every single day! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so adore this post! Looks like the perfect groundhog day to me! My grandma's birthday's today and my mom sent her the most adorable stuffed groundhog! I'll bet people in other countries think we're nuts, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the perfect ground hog day in my opinion! I want that ice cream right now! It looks amazing! And yes to football!! Although I'd wish for a win every time :) <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute post!! Looks like a perfect groundhog day. I'm so excited that spring is coming early! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coffee, beach, cocktails? YES please! Now that's a day I'd love to repeat over and over <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would not mind repeating that day every day! I say BS to that dang groundhog though because I woke up this morning and my car was frozen over--and it has not been that cold lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That day sounds fabulous!!! That's a fun idea, I am trying to figure out what would be my ideal day to repeat over and over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your version of groundhog day. Are some of these pictures current?

    I think some of the days that I would love to re-live are the non humid days with Kyle and Sophie.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these warm weather pictures are making me crave a long vacation! All I want right now is to wake up somewhere in 70 degree weather over and over haha! Happy Wednesday girl!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your repeat day sounds perfect haha. I've never seen that movie!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top