Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

Today I'm linking up with Mix & Match Mama to share my "What's Up Wednesday!" Here's what we're up to this week ...

What we're eating this week ... To keep things simple we've been grilling in big batches and then having easy salads throughout the week. Grant also smoked a giant batch of pulled pork this weekend so we've been LOVING that - the kids gobble it right up!





What I'm reminiscing about ... Ahh ... summer. This time of year always gets me. Once the holidays are over I'm ready to fast forward on to summer. Bring on the sunshine!!!


What I'm loving ... 

What we've been up to ... We've been pretty much working and hanging with the kids. I could use a date night or two! Now that football season is "over" (for us in Seattle) it's nice to have a free Sunday though!

What I'm dreading ... In general I don't really "dread" much, so not much to say here.

What I'm working on ... Our house always feels so bare this time of year when we take down our Christmas decorations. I don't normally decorate for Valentine's Day, but I did pick up this cute little banner in the Target $1 bin (surprise, surprise!).


What I'm excited about ... My Lasik appointment is coming up fast! I'm already sick of wearing my glasses and it's only been 3 weeks. One more week to go! This could also go in the "I'm dreading" category, but I'm more excited for the outcome!


What I'm watching/reading ... Grant and I have "couples" shows we watch together and then ones we both watch separately. We've been watching a lot of Vikings lately on Amazon Prime. It's a great "couples" show because it has action/bloody gore fighting and of course, relationship plotlines or us gals. A good mix! And it's interesting to think about the Vikings back in the day. Would have been a really interesting time for sure!



I also watched one episode of the new Amazon original series "Mozart in the Jungle." Have any of you seen it? It's about the NY Symphony and all the drama that ensues.



What I'm listening to ... We've been loving our Amazon Echo Grant got me for Christmas! Amazon Prime music has so many great playlists! Do any of you have one? I love ours.

What I'm wearing ... I love this top I got on the Nordstrom sale this summer in the olive color, that I had to snag the white one when it went on sale for $25 bucks! I love neutrals so the white is perfect for me and matches everything.


What I'm doing this weekend ... NOTHINGGGGG! And I'm excited about it. This is the first weekend in forever we have NO plans and I'm hoping to keep it that way. Grant's going to the Seattle Boat Show and I told him not to come home without a new boat (lol - kidding. Sort of).


What I'm looking forward to next month ... OOh, February. I am excited for Valentine's Day. I got the kids some cutesy little things for Valentine's Day morning, and Lila already picked out her Valentine's for her school friends (Frozen - naturally).

What else is new? Nothing much! I am looking into little trips for this Spring. Can't really decide what to do - it's $$$$$$$$$ to travel with four now that we have to buy plane tickets for both kids.

Bonus! What is your favorite Valentine's Day treat? Anything chocolate!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. That pulled pork looks delicious, and I love the little Valentine's banner! I should swing by Target, I don't do a lot of Valentine's day decorating but a little something is fun to brighten up the place now that all the Christmas things are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dang $1 section gets me everytime!! i want to watch that show. i've been a fan of the actor for years. yay for lasik! i've always wanted to get that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness--can't wait to hear about your Lasik experience! I go so back and forth on it! I also have that mug from Anthro! Isn't it the best?! It's nice and fat and holds lots of coffee!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so with you - ready for warmer temps and sunshine!! Ah that top is on even bigger sale now - scooping it up today! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the bare house, I hear ya, I had to put up a few a day things too!! You 2 are so cute in the sunshine!! Hope Summer gets here soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait did I miss that you chopped off your hair??? Or did I just forget?

    That Amazon Echo looks amazing, that's what I need! But I don't want to cough up that much money right now.

    Personally myself I think you look awesome in glasses (but then again I'm biased.)

    And seriously your menu looks fabulous every time you mention what y'all are eating.

    I miss the Valentine's Day in school where everyone would bring everyone a card and switch, it basically meant you went home with 20 valentines. Now I'm lucky if I remember it haha.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for lasik. I have thought but doing it but I'm way too scared. Plus, I really like wearing glasses, hides my dark circles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that pulled pork... yes please!! And you look so cute in your glasses! Trust me, you'll get used to wearing them and then after lasik you'll forget and go to grab them but won't need them! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm ready for summer now too! Ugh. I don't know where I read it, but after I read your post saying you were getting Lasik another blogger mentioned that she had gotten Lasik and it was amazing and she recommends it! Wait actually I think it was Work Clothes I Suppose--she actually lives in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving that top from Nordstrom, and yessss to all things summer! The warmer weather and sunshine can't get here soon enough. And how awesome of an idea to grill up on the weekends, and use it for meals throughout the week - LOVE <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. That salad looks delicious!! I have three of those Lush tops & they are my favorite!! Can't wait until more colors come out for the summer!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top