Thursday, January 7, 2016

Snow day

Seattle is known for its dreary weather, but it actually doesn't snow around here too often. Maybe once or twice a year. That said, give us an inch or two and the entire city shuts down! EEK! So, we frequently have "snowpocalypse" events where people freak, leave work early and the nothing really happens. 

It snowed some BIG flakes on Sunday afternoon though and the kids were thrilled! Only about an inch stuck, and was gone by morning, but that was enough for me. 

Here's Lila, THRILLED - "It's SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!" 


"Snowy" selfie! You can sort of see the flakes behind us, and of course the one flying in front of my eye. 


Looking pretty in the backyard. 


This was about as much as we got ... enough for Owen to make a little snowball!! 


And although you can't tell from the pictures, the kids lasted about 10 minutes before they deemed snow way too cold. 

Enough for one year!! 

Xo


6 comments:

  1. The kids look so excited! We used to be the same way about snow in Northern California where I grew up! 3 inches and school was closed... now living in New England that is laughable haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was just as excited as they were when I woke up to snow on Sunday! Haha. Ours stayed though and I ended up working from home on Monday. I had planned to go to the DMV and not go to work anyway, but it was so icy that even state agencies were shut down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I don't blame them, I think I'd last about 10 minutes myself! But it is really pretty! Kinda jealous of your snow since we're getting rain... not nearly as fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh we are supposed to have our first snow this weekend and I cannot wait! Although I hate driving in it, I do love how pretty it can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun! Wish it snowed here, just getting it every once in a while would be nice. But it never gets cold enough and then stays cold enough for it to snow.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such precious pictures!! Still waiting on our first snow here :( Glad you all had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top