Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Recent Randoms ...


Hope you're having a great week. The best part about the long weekend for me was that the work week is already half over! Woo! Here are some random things happening around here ... 

We got Lila one of these "OK to Wake" clocks when she moved into her "big girl" bed about 2 1/2, but with it being so dark out lately, Owen will sometimes wake up a couple hours early and think it's time to wake up, but then is cranky and overtired all day if we let him get up. So this weekend I got one for his room too. You set the clock with a "wake up" time and it starts to glow green when it's time to get up. It says it's for kids 3+, but it's totally already working!! This morning he woke up at 6 a.m. and Grant went into his room and told him to call us when his clock turned green and he fell back asleep until 8! 


Have you been to Target's $1 bin lately?! I totally scored with some Valentine's Day stuff recently! Cute cards, Valentine's with lolipops for Lila's whole class, and some cute notepads. 


I have really thick hair and HATE blow drying it because it takes forever and then I usually still have to straighten/curl it, so I was excited to try this cheap L'Oreal "Blow Dry It" Quick Dry Primer spray from the drug store. It seriously works (at least for me) and smells good too. My hair can get really fried/frizzy from all the heat products, so this makes it look nice and smooth. 

L'Oreal Paris Advance Hairstyle Blow Dry It Quick Dry Primer Spray - 4.2 oz

Also ... have you seen all the Facebook ad videos for the "TYME" hair straightener/curler thing!? I seriously want one! They are pricey, but wonder if any of you have one and like it?

TYME_Iron_Product_Shot_J.jpg

Hope you're having a great week!

Xo

10 comments:

  1. That straightener does look awesome! And I ALWAYS hit up the $1 bins in Target for holiday goodies--those cards are adorable!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same notes & such pad on my desk right now - I love the dollar spot!! That primer spray sounds amazing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that clock sounds really interesting. Wondering just exactly how it works - it basically just means that kids obey the clock? Pretty cool if you ask me? Also yes! I am home visiting my family and I popped by Target yesterday and had a bit of a look through the bins and was so impressed with their cute stationary for one dollar! I picked up a sticky notepad set.


    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that straightener does look really good!! I might have to pick up that hair spray, I am always trying to get rid of my fly aways!

    http://acknowledginglifeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That clock is fascinating! And I'm really going to have to try that Loreal spray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool clock!! Target has so been killing it lately with the bins!! Loving all the Valentine and Springy stuff!! Yay to week half over!! Hope it's a great one for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like that clock! I think I should get that for Sophie when she's older and no longer in her crib. Right now she still sleeps in her crib.

    That straightener looks so fancy! I rarely straighten my hair so I don't really need a good one. But that one is just so pretty.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Target's dollar bins have been on point, I picked up some sequined pretties yesterday. And how awesome are those "ok to wake" clocks, will definitely keep those in mind for the future kiddos <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been loving Target's $1 bins! So many great things! And the Tyme straightener looks awesome but it's definitely pricey. I'd want to try it out first to see if it really is that much better. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. That clock seems so cool! I want one so that you don't have to look at your phone for waht time it is haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top