Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Long Weekend Fun

Good morning! Happy Tuesday!! This was the first time in years that Grant and I both had MLK day off of work, so it was nice to have a long weekend and even nicer to have a short work week this week! Although short work weeks are always crazier ... 

On Saturday we went into downtown Seattle hoping to go to Science Center's train exhibit, but it was so packed that we ended up at the Children's Museum instead (which is conveniently a quick walk away). It's so fun to go downtown and see the sites and walk around, it was fun for the kids since we normally do things slightly closer to home on the weekends. 

It was pretty rainy this weekend but the sun was out in perfect time for us to take some pics of the Space Needle! Always love this view. 


I've been trying to drink less cream with my coffee, so have been adding spices to the top for extra flavor. Love a little dash of cinnamon to spruce things up! 


And on Sunday ... NOOOOO ... our beloved Seahawks lost to the Panthers so the season is over. After going to the Superbowl two years in a row it's a little disappointing, but still they had a great season and we can't wait for next year! 

Seattle Seahawks Team Photos - ESPN. Jermaine Kearse (15) and Russell Wilson (3).:

We also hit the indoor pool and "splash pad" baby beach, which apparently everyone else decided to do too (#toopacked). This was also my first time "swimming" in glasses - as you can imagine it was just lovely.


We also ate a lot of "his and hers" salads this weekend. Spinach with mushrooms, dried blueberries, marinated prawns, feta and balsamic for him ... 


And mixed greens with cucumber, tomato, blue cheese crumbles and balsamic for her ... 


Back to work today! Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Xo


8 comments:

  1. We went to a children's museum too! Great minds think alike :)

    sounds like a fun packed weekend even with some of the disappointments of not going to some places. By the way I love your glasses :) The pattern is just like mine. I forgot that you have to wear your glasses until your Lasik.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinnamon is my go to for my coffees!! The Space Needle is definitely on my list of sites to see - a little jealous you can go at any time! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your Seahawks!! Trust me, I know the heartbreak of a team's loss in the playoffs!! I'm a cinnamon girl in my coffee too, it just adds a lil something, something. I'm thinking I need that salad for lunch, lol! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The indoor splash pad sounds like so much fun! And yay for cutting back on cream in your coffee, I like to sub in skim milk and a little cinnamon and nutmeg too. Cheers to a fabulous short week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh salad sounds delicious right now. Maybe I can convince Michael for dinner one night this week. Ahh the Space Needle is always so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been using almond milk in my coffee instead of creamer and it's definitely lower cal and with cinnamon tastes so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really really thought your Seahawks were going to come back in the second half and win it! That was a crazy game for sure. And the spices in the coffee is such a good idea! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, those salads look super yummy! Ahhh swimming in glasses is no fun, but at least in a couple of weeks you will be swimming without glasses OR contacts!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top