Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Homemade taco seasoning

This is not a glamorous post by any means, but a practical one for any of you that love tacos!!! Or any "southwest" style flavor on your meat. 

I normally buy the little taco seasoning packets, but often don't have one when I need one and then realized I usually have everything at home to make my own!! If you haven't tried to make your own yet, I definitely recommend it! I found this recipe online and we already had everything in our pantry (check out the link for way better pictures than mine). 




Mix all spices together and marinate to your liking! I used mine to marine some chicken. I tossed into a ziplock bag with a little olive oil and then BBQ'd the chicken. It was delish!!

Enjoy.

Xo

9 comments:

  1. i have always wanted to try this and make it myself! thanks for the recipe. i need to make this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have everything but paprika! Not too bad, I may have this tonight, I mean use it with the chicken tonight. We usually just buy the taco seasoning but if I can make it instead.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH tacos! I love anything Mexican food! I've never tried to make my own seasoning but I definitely have thought about it. I think I'm going to give it a try the next time I run out! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome idea and the crazy part is I always buy those seasoning packets - meanwhile I've already had everything at home! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect. I feel like it is one thing that you never have on hand when you want it! Nice to have a homemade recipe to fall back on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this! I always buy the packets but I know it's so much healthier to make your own. I need to give this a try!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! How simple when I realize I forgot to pick up an extra packet, plus it's probably much better for you too :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how simple this is! I'm pretty sure I already have everything at home and ready to go! Thanks for sharing!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I have to remember this for future use

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top