Monday, January 25, 2016

Happy Monday

Happy Monday!! We had a fun weekend with the perfect mix of activities and R&R at home. After last weekend it felt really short, but alas back to work today. And really, I feel like I can best explain our weekends with this graphic (haha): 


Friday we accomplished two "firsts" which I got no pictures of (naturally). The first? We registered Lila for kindergarten for the fall school year! How is my sweet girl old enough for that?! Time flies for sure. Second, we applied for Owen's first passport! Baby passports are hilarious because their little pictures are valid for 5 years so Lila's passport is her at age 1! Owen's picture is pretty cute too. 

As for the rest of the weekend, it was a mix of pouring weather on Saturday, but nice on Sunday!

Saturday was POURING but we went on a fun (but very rainy) adventure on one of the local ferries. We walked on, had a fun lunch on the other side, and then rode the ferry back to make it home in time for afternoon naps. (More on they later this week!)


Sunday, my Mom, Lila and I went to our second play of the season at the Seattle Children's Theater, where we saw "Where the Wild Things Are." I loved that book growing up and Lila loves it now too. The Seattle Center was beautiful and unlike Saturday it was a beautiful sunny day! 


The play was cool too because they made it interactive for the kids and everyone got to sit on the actual stage. 


After, Lila had to sit in the giant chair too!


And naturally we had to take a selfie in front of the Space Needle.


Then Sunday afternoon we watched football! Even though the Seahawks are out of the playoffs, we still had to see who will be going to the Superbowl. 

Hope you had a nice weekend and have an even better week!

Xo

8 comments:

  1. Love, love love the 3 generations pic of the most darling ladies!! What a fun day!! Hope your week gets off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun weekend out and about! That is too cute about baby passports haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find that hilarious picture from? I feel like that's my life too haha.

    That's so cute! Am I completely blanking, are y'all going out of the country or just traveling in the US? I know many states have the new mandated passport to travel. Kindergarten, how exciting!! Sophie's still a few years from that but even so the talks of preschool have come up (no! how can we even be at that stage yet???)

    What a great thing for kids! An interactive play, we had that our local church when we attended then we moved.

    where were Owen and Grant? Having a dad's day?

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend!! I remember my parents showing me my first passport photo!! That last picture is too cute!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our weather was pretty similar on Saturday and Sunday! And that pie chart is pretty much my life summed up even though I don't have any kids! 4 hours of consecutive sleep a night is a miracle for me haha! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Where the Wild Things Are! That sounds like so much fun. You reminded me I need to get a new passport...ugh. The new license and social security card were easy, but the rest of the name change stuff is a pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that graphic! And how cute is a baby passport?! It makes me excited to think of the little ones developing a love for travel at such a young age <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is the cutest chart ever!
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top