Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Favs

Happy Friday! It's been a busy work week for me so I can't wait for the weekend. 

We have NO plans this weekend, but I'm looking forward to some R&R and a few things on TV this Sunday! First, are any of you planning to watch GREASE Live on FOX? I am really excited for this!! I always loved Grease and the music so hope it's good! 

Embedded image permalink

I'm also planning to watch the Pro Bowl on Sunday since the Seahawks are out of the Superbowl this year (boo hoo hoo) but the Hawks are representing in the Pro Bowl so I'll be cheering them all on. Go Russell Wilson #3!! 


Yesterday it was POURING and overall just a really dreary day, but on my way home from picking up Lila the skies cleared a bit and the most VIVID rainbow appeared! You can't tell so from the picture, but you could see the entire arch and ALL of the "ROY G BIV" colors (haha). I haven't seen one like that in a long time so it was pretty cool. 


My mom had a dentist appointment yesterday so Grant and I both worked from home so we could tag team staying home with Owen while we both had conference calls and tons of work to do. Slightly stressful, but oh so fun. I wish I was home with him everyday! He's so sweet and we played lots of cars, trains and took funny pics of course. I love his expression in the one on the bottom right. 


I'm known for perhaps slightly overdressing my salads (I love dressing and am not the type to get it on the side - I usually want more!) but let's be honest - that's not so healthy. So to cut back I've been making tons of taco salads using salsa as the main "dressing" along with avocado and a bit of sour cream. It's so good! And way less cals.


Hope you all have a nice weekend!! 

Xo



12 comments:

  1. That salad looks so yum!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy I'm not the only one excited about Grease LIVE!!! I hope you're weekend is so peaceful and wonderful beautiful lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO excited about Grease--it's one of my favorite movies/musicals! Enjoy your relaxing weekend!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never tire of rainbows!! i'm thinking i'll check out grease this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use way too much dressing too. Salsa as dressing is definitely a good alternative! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty excited for Grease live this weekend and now I'm officially hungry for lunch - that salad looks divine! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOO excited for Grease!! Have a great weekend :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad i found your blog through the link up and hope youll stop by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't even know about Grease coming on, thanks for sharing this! I'm sure it will be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been waiting for forever for Grease! Can't wait! And it poured here all day yesterday too! I'm jealous it stopped for you and you got a rainbow. It rained here for two days straight! Have a great weekend!<3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have so many mixed feelings about Grease Live. I'm a huge fan of the original and am really nervous this one isn't going to get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How have I not heard about Grease live yet?! Definitely going to want to watch that! That salad looks delish, love the idea of adding more salsa in lieu of dressing. And I spy avocado - YUM! <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top