Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Cauliflower Soup


The past two Sundays I've made soups for us to eat during the week. This week I made Smitten Kitchen's Silky Cauliflower soup, which is healthy, delicious and easy. I do also love this cauliflower soup which is more indulgent with bacon and cheese, but this one is great as well.

Silky Cauliflower Soup from Smitten Kitchen (serves 4-6)
1 head cauliflower
2 TBL olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 quart box chicken stock
1/2 cup grated parmesan
Salt and Pepper to your liking
Swirl of Balsamic Vinegar to top! 

Chop your cauliflower, removing leaves and stems. Set aside. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic, cooking until soft (about 5 mins). Add broth and cauliflower. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft (don't over do or cauliflower can be very gluey). Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth (you could also use a blender). Add your parmesan and stir until combined. Top with salt, pepper and a swirl of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. 

I actually think this soup tastes better the next day. I've also seen a very similar recipe where you add a few wedges of laughing cow cheese at the same time as the parmesan ... could be delicious! 


6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I decided yesterday I was going to give the cauliflower pizza crust a try so might as well try this too! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you said you can add bacon and cheese to it - my kind of soup lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a lot of soup tastes better the next day! The flavors just kind of meld together even more. I might have to try this, because your recipe was so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good and I totally agree sometimes soups and chilis really taste the best the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmmmmmmm! This is absolutely perfect for this time of year <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top