Tuesday, December 22, 2015

One pot pasta



I've seen this dish all over Pinterest and in magazines but had yet to try it until this past weekend when it was late and we were looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner. Martha Stewart even has a famous variation. I based mine on the recipe from Damn Delicious. The best part about this recipe (for me anyway) is you truly dump everything into a pot and cook. So easy!! It's not the most delicious pasta I've ever had but it's really simple, fresh tasting and oh so easy. The perfect busy weeknight meal!!

One Pot Pasta
1 lb linguine noodles
1 12 oz package andouille sausage, thinly sliced (I used Aidelle's)
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3 cups cherry tomatoes cut into fourths (or eights depending on how big)
2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
1 cup parmesan
3 1/2 cups water
1 cup chicken broth

In a large stockpot over medium high heat, combine noodles, sausage, onion, tomatoes, basil, garlic, water and broth. Season with salt and pepper (you may want to do this again after). Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) until pasta is cooked and all the liquid has reduced (about 10 mins or so). Stir in parmesan and add more salt and pepper depending on how you like it. Serve! (I topped mine with more salt/pepper and parm. 




10 comments:

  1. You had me at one pot!! This looks and sounds amazing!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds easy peasy and what's not to love about one pot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! All of my favorite ingredients, and it's super easy too <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious! And all in one pot? Love it!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours look delicious!!! I think my mom and I made this one without the sausage and some of the ingredients look different, but I bet it's still good. I'm going to make this this weekend.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone loves a good one pot meal! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any meal I can make in one pot or one pan is a winner for me. Yay for less cleanup! This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely want to try this! I have pinned it and every time I see it pop up, I always think - I need to make that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously can't believe how easy this is! I love that it's only one pot so easier clean up and you don't have to drain it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOEV one pot recipes so much! I've never tried this one before but it looks SO yummy! Enjoy your Christmas dear!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top