Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Mediterranean Skillet


I love a good one pot meal and this was a new one I found recently on Pinterest! The nice thing about meals like this is you can alter the ingredients for what you have at home. It was really dark out when I made it so my pictures aren't great, but here's what the original looked like: 



I didn't use mushrooms and roma tomatoes like in the pic, but here's what I used:  

Mediterranean Skillet
3 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced into strips (we BBQ ours)
1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained and sliced into bite sized pieces 
1 8 oz jar sun dried tomatoes, sliced into small bite sizes (mine were packed in oil so I patted them down with paper towels a bit to cut back on the amount of oil transferred). 
1/2 cup kalamata olives, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2 TBL garlic
4 cups fresh spinach
1/4 cup Feta crumbles 
Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar 

In a large skillet, sautee your onions, garlic and sun dried tomatoes (since the sun dried tomatoes came packed in oil, so I didn't add any additional oil to the skillet). Cook until onions and garlic are fragrant. Add a drizzle or two of Balsamic Vinegar. Add spinach. Cook until the spinach begins to wilt. I don't let mine fully cook, but let it just start to wilt. If you like your spinach completely cooked, you can leave it longer. Turn off burner and place remaining ingredients in pan. Mix well so they all warm. 

Here's what mind looked like. It was delish!! 


Xo


2 comments:

  1. This look delicious! It's making me so hungry for lunch already!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds super delicious and very healthy! Definitely need to try this one!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top