Monday, December 21, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

It was a festive, Christmasy weekend around here! I can't believe Christmas "week" is upon us already. I have some stuff to wrap up at work early this week and then it's time for all the festivities to begin!

This weekend my BFF came into town for the holidays and we made our annual gingerbread houses. SO festive and fun! Lila made one too and Owen ate candy (haha).


It's so fun to have guests at bedtime! Tanya brought new books for the kids and Lila read one of them to everyone at bedtime. So proud of what a good little reader she is!


Saturday we had the extended "Goodall" gathering! We hosted brunch at our house and it was a fun, festive time. 


The kids even made it to see Santa! After Lila's failed attempt #1, we tried again and this time she had no problem talking to Santa. The kids both even smiled ... although Santa looks like he's on sedatives or about to fall asleep - oh well! 


Owen also got his haircut and was thrilled they had little firetrucks to play with!


On Sunday Grant and I dropped the kids off with my parents and headed to an "Ugly" sweater party. It was during the Seahawks game so I wore a Seahawks "holiday" sweater which was fun but SO hot and itchy. Eek! Grant wore a fun Hawaiian Christmas shirt I found on Amazon (haha).

Posing by the tree!! My sweet girl! :) 


We also went to a quick brunch and got nutella strawberry crepes. So delish! 



Some more gifts have appeared under the tree!! The magic of Christmas is upon us :)


Hope you had a nice weekend, too!

Xo

10 comments:

  1. That's so awesome you best friend came to visit! Love the idea of doing gingerbread houses. I want to try to fit that in next year! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing weekend. Love your gingerbread houses! And brunch looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet, the kids look so happy on Santas lap!! Rocking this Gingerbread houses!! They look fantastic!! You and hubs look ADORABLE!! woohoo Christmas week is here!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with owen, eating the candy! My mom and I baked cookies this weekend and I spent more time eating cookies than baking oops

    Santa looks like he's thinking "Should have had pillow in this seat, all these kids are killing my knees haha."

    Such a fun weekend, too bad your ugly sweater was so itchy! I don't mind hot but itchy really kills the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh those crepes - YUM!!! Love that you guys went to an ugly sweater party - I still have never been to one and really want to go lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gingerbread houses turned out so well! And those crepes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that food looks DELISH! And how fun are those gingerbread houses?! I need to make mine this week, it's one of my favorite traditions :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I want those crepes! Also, your bun is amazing. Whenever I put my hair in a bun or ponytail I look like a scrub! I need to learn the art of a polished and pretty bun! Unless my hair is too short now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those gingerbread houses -- FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is looking like Christmas indeed. Love your holiday sweater and that gingerbread is amazing
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top