Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Ready

With work and everything else going on I'm feeling a bit behind on the "day to day" - you know, laundry, cleaning, wrapping, etc. But I finally got a few gifts wrapped and under the tree this week and strategically I only included gifts NOT for the kids to test if they'd leave them alone or not. Surprisingly after one day - success!! I included gifts for their teacher, our "white elephant party" gifts and gifts for their cousins. So they definitely looked and one bow was "accidentally knocked off" (#owen), but otherwise success. I may have to sneak a few more under there this weekend. It's looking so festive!! 


I haven't made it yet, but I bought all the stuff at the store to make my favorite "holiday" snack! We always called it "Merry Mix" growing up, but it's really Chex Mix and I know a ton of people have other names for it. I just use the recipe on the Chex boxes - so delicious!!


We also got our Christmas cards out and in the mail! They turned out pretty cute - I just used a little Shutterfly template with their Black Friday weekend deal of nearly half off. These were some of the family pictures we got a few weeks back. 


I especially love the back! My sweet kids! 


We are also having our extended family over for an early Christmas brunch this weekend. I'm still trying to figure out the menu, but I'm thinking this recipe will definitely need to make an appearance at SOME point this holiday season. It's Mix & Match Mama's Monkey Bread with Eggnog Glaze - SO GOOD! 


Hope you're having a great week!

Xo

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas Card!!! You guys are all beautiful!! Hello Monkey Bread...I need you with my coffee this morning!!! YUMMO!!!! Oh yeah that party mix is addicting, I've made 3 batches already and the kids and hubs devour it!! Have a Merry day most marvelous lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg...DROOL! That monkey bread looks amazing! And your Christmas card turned out absolutely adorable!


    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg...DROOL! That monkey bread looks amazing! And your Christmas card turned out absolutely adorable!


    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your christmas card!!! We used shutterfly too :) I ended up getting more than necessary and now we don't have anyone else to send them too :| you want one haha?

    and the monkey bread looks just heavenly....so delicious!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christmas Card. That monkey bread looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade Chex Mix is the best!!! I love your Christmas cards and I'm dying over that monkey bread...eggnog glaze?! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overwhelmed is definitely how I feel right now too, but I still love this time of year! Loving your Christmas cards, and now I'm totally craving monkey bread - YUM!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys are ready. I love that you are continuing the tradition of making the Merry Mix
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top