Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekending

Happy Monday! We're back to work and school after a fun but fast weekend. It was POURING all day long on Saturday so we (Grant) got some house projects done, and had fun staying indoors to play.  

Since both days we had lazy mornings we also indulged in some delicious breakfasts. Grant made eggs benedict on Saturday, making his own hollandaise sauce and using some of our leftover ham.  


The Seahawks had a bye week this week but that didn't stop Lila from wearing her Hawks gear! This crew likes to take funny pics together. "Cheeese!" 



During naptime Lila decided she didn't feel like resting, so we made soup instead. I made my annual batch of Smitten Kitchen's black bean and pumpkin soup, which is SO GOOD. This also calls for chunks of ham so we were able to use up the rest of our leftover ham and make a festive dish. Lila loves cooking with me so it was a fun little mama/daughter activity. 


Then we were hurting for indoor activities so we hit the library for some new books. Owen acts like he owns the place and was walking up to random kids introducing himself - "HI, I'm OH OH!" (in a non-library appropriate voice). 


Saturday night Grant and I watched "Vacation." Everyone who knows me knows National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is one of my favorite movies ever (I may have the whole thing memorized), so even though I figured this would be really dumb, I had to rent "Vacation," which is about Russ, Clark Griswold's son and his family. To be honest?! While it was dumb, we both got several laughs out of it and it wasn't nearly as bad as I figured it might be (I'm looking at you, "Dumb and Dumber To!") 


Sunday morning we were supposed to get our family pictures taken, but the weather was so iffy we had to reschedule for next weekend. Instead, we had another slow morning at home and enjoyed some delicious breakfast wraps. 


Then we hit the pool for family swim! We love the little local pool with an indoor splash pad and water slides. This time Mama got to go down the water slides with Lila. So fun! 


We like to be silly :) 


Hope you had a great weekend!!

Xo




11 comments:

  1. OK, I had to laugh because National Lampoon's vacation is one of my all-time favorite movies as well and Saturday night we were back-and-forth with what movie to watch and vacation was thrown out there a few times, but I heard it was kind of dumb but now I know you got some laughs out of it I'm definitely going to give it a whirl, ha ha!! Pool time looks so fun, and you guys look so cute! I hope your Monday is off to a marvelous start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you sort of enjoyed Vacation! The National Lampoon vacation movies are my FAVORITE! We'll have to rent this one. Black bean and pumpkin soup sounds delicious right now!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a relaxing and fun weekend. The soup sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fabulous weekend, and how delish do those eggs benedict look! And I hear ya on Dumb & Dumber Too - worst sequel ever! I may have to give Vacation a try :-P

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I LOVE eggs benedict. So jealous. Yum! We rented Vacation on Friday night and I was really expecting it to be dumb too but I thought it was really funny!! I especially thought the little brother's one-liners about the big brother were hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww you and Lila cooking together is so cute! And that recipe sounds amazing! Sorry to hear the weather didn't cooperate for your pics! Hopefully it will be nicer when you reschedule! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I've seen your mug a few times now, but it looks just like my coworkers mug, where did you get it? Yall may have the same mug ,or at least very similar ones.

    Grant is such a cook! Making his own hollandaise sauce? Kyle is really good at making new things too. I leave the cooking up to him.

    Lila is so cute, I hope Sophie will actually enjoying assisting instead of destroying soon. She's far more like Owen in the LOUD voice department. Not that she really talks just yet, she more just babbles and says words.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that same anthro mug!! Love your lazy breakfasts!!! And those silly smiles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously love eggs benedict!! My fave brunch meal!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Eggs benedict is my favorite and I’m really craving it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love reading your blog!! Thank you for sharing your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top