Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Simply Me Friday


It's Black Friday! And I can assure you that I am most definitely NOT shopping. I have never been able to bring myself to the madness. The only thing I like to buy on Black Friday is my Christmas Tree, but since we're still out of town the only thing on our agenda today is R&R at the beach - yes! 


We had a lovely Thanksgiving and being away at a little beach house has been PERFECT for the holidays. I've loved it. 


Anyway, I'm checking in briefly to link up with Liz though and answer a few fun "Simply Me" questions for her link-up today. 

What was the first car you drove?  Are you still driving it now? I've had three cars. The first wasn't really mine, but my dad let me drive his, and it was actually pretty nice for a 16 year old! I was even voted "Nicest Car" in my senior yearbook!! My Dad commuted via ferry, which left his spare car open for me. So, it was kind of embarrassing because it wasn't even "mine" and it was quickly sold when I left for college. Then I drove my grandparents' old Buick - OH my word - speaking of embarrassing. It had half of a hood ornament and was sort of similar to this car from the old movie Uncle Buck. 

And now I've been driving the same Volvo sedan for the past 8 years. 

The first dance you went to was? Oooh, probably some awkward middle school dance. 

What about your first job? I worked at a video store inside of a grocery store! I believe those are probably extinct now! It was pretty fun though and I had early access to movie rentals, which was a nice little perk when you're a teenager. 

Tell us about the first phone you had? Ha! I had that early 2000's "Nokia" giant phone everyone had. When I was in high school my remote island didn't even have cell reception so it wasn't even worth having a cell phone. I didn't get one until I went to college!

What was the first book you read? (an actual chapter book) I have NO idea, but I've always loved to read and loved Judy Blume, The Babysitters Club, Anne of Green Gables, Sweet Valley High, and so on. So many good ones. I also read all the Nancy Drew, Boxcar Children, etc. 

So that's it! 

Hope you're all having a nice Friday!
Xo

2 comments:

  1. I answered Sweet Valley High too! I read all of those too but SVH were greeeeat books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can still rent movies in some grocery stores! The Safeway we went to in Seattle had rentals at the customer service desk until they got a Redbox-type thing like a month ago. That's crazy there was no cell reception! I'm assuming there is now because pretty much everyone has a cell phone now!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top