Monday, November 16, 2015

Happy Monday

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! We did even though it was STORMY here - super windy and rainy. We were able to get our family pics taken and despite the grey hopefully they come out OK. The good news is it was sunny by Sunday and was SUCH a welcomed change even though it was pretty cold. 

Friday night was SO nasty out that it called for a comfort dinner and a movie. I had made Momfessionals' Chicken Pot Pie this summer and frozen one which was PERFECT for a night like Friday. It was so good! Then we watched Trainwreck, which was funny but not quite as funny as I was thinking it'd be. I loved Lebron James' role though - so funny. 


Saturday we headed to Costco before our pics and they had the little Gingerbread house kits!! We quickly snapped up three. It's become one of my favorite traditions with my BFF and Lila. Lila eats more candy than makes it onto the house, but whatev! 


Then we quickly changed and headed out for our pics. Grant took an outtake of Lila and I - CHEEESE! See how grey it is? You can barely see downtown Seattle across the lake if you look closely. (BTW - for those that wondered, this is what Seattle typically looks like from November - March). 


We wore creams/pinks/greys/maroons and it all went pretty well together ... Lila was loving her "tutu." 


After naps, my parents came over and Grant and I headed to dinner with friends! Love a good date night. 


Sunday my mom, grandmother and I went to an annual holiday craft/decor show and it did not disappoint. They had leaves stapled to the entry wall. Wouldn't this be fun! (Grant would freak). I love the "Joy" sign too and would be something easy to DIY. 


Everything also had a little vintage vibe this year which I LOVE and I picked up one of the little Christmas trees below. So fun!


All in all, a nice little weekend. Hope you had a great one too!

Xo

8 comments:

  1. Friday sounds like the perfect night in! Love all the decor at the craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I watched Trainwreck on Friday too! Lebron is a way better actor than I thought he'd be! And Amy wasn't as good as the hype and wow so raunchy but it was ok. Now, look at that yummy pie! Good job!! And cute picture of you and your girly!! Yay for date night and a super week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lebron's role was totally unexpected - I love all the check splitting they did lol!! Great job on the pie girl! Hope you have a great start to the week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chicken pot pie looks delicious! the gingerbread houses look like such a great activity for Lila when did you start making them with Lila?

    I love your parents decor! definitely a lot of dedication to staple all of those leaves.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your outfits for the pics! And that chicken pot pie looks DELISH! Sounds like the perfect weekend <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that y'all were able to sneak in a good date night. That's always a blessing. You and your little girl are so stinkin' cute together. Also...COSTCO is the bomb. We could live there, and they have the best smoothies and frozen drinks too! Have you tried them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't made a gingerbread house in forever! What a fun idea!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun weekend!!! That pot pie looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top