Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday, Friday!

Happy Friday! It's a windy, stormy day here today! We have our family picture "retakes" this weekend since we were rained out last weekend, and it's looking like it'll be rainy again. Umbrella pics perhaps? We'll see! 

Here's what we've been up to this week ... 

Even though it's been COLD and wet, the kids still want to go outside to play after school/before/after dinner. Owen shouts "OUTSIDE, OUTSIDE!" and they love to "garden" with our bark. So, we've been bundling up and heading out as much as possible. Trying not to ask how many more days until summer ... #needsunlight 


Because it's been so gloomy, I've been burning my new "Hot Buttered Rum" candle - smells so good and festive! 


In celebration of Veteran's Day this week, my mom shared this fun picture of her dad, my "Papa," who was in the horse Calvary! You can barely make out the yellow arrow on the right pointing him out in this pic. He died earlier this year, but he loved to tell us all about his horse and the funny stories he had during this time in his life. 


And my cousin shared this pic of my other Grandpa, who was a paratrooper in WWII! He'll be turning 90 next month, but still has plenty of stories about his time in the military. I cannot imagine parachuting anywhere, let alone into battle!! So thankful for our veterans and active military! 


Last night we took the kids to the new Chick-fil-A near our house (quite the hype, we'd never been before!) and then headed to Lowe's after for a few house things. The kids and I left Grant be so he could search for what we needed, and we entertained ourselves with the musical Christmas toys. These two can find fun anywhere. Lila's holding a SUPER annoying Santa that sings about taking a selfie (he's holding a plastic cell phone with his picture on it - so lame!).


Yesterday I was getting Lila dressed to go to preschool when Owen disappeared. I found him in the guest bathroom standing on the step stool having a little tea party. I asked him what he was doing and he replied "Making hot tea, mama!" So sweet! 


Have a great weekend!!

Xo

12 comments:

  1. Love those old photos! And that candle sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That candle sounds amazing! Hope your family photos go well this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such precious pictures!! Yummy candle! What, a chick fil a near your house! Our closest one is 45 min Away!! Owen and his tea party just makes me smile!! Hope your weekend is all things awesome beautiful lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are too cute! Sophie is just like them, she insists on being outside: hot, cold, rain or well no snow, but I'm sure she would be out there too).

    Tell me you got those stuffies for them, they are sooo cute. I would find a way on why I needed them. Also, I'm surprised your grandpa was so open about his time serving. Both my grandpa and great uncle were mum's the word on the entire time they served. I grew up knowing we just didn't talk about it.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! I love those sweet little surprise moments when you find your little one playing pretend! This is my first time here - what a sweet family you have! Hope you don't get rained out again this weekend! Stopping by from The Pick! -Jess, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. That candle sounds amazing! Have fun with the family pics this weekend, *fingers crossed* for better weather!

    Happy Friday gurlie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. That candle sounds like it smells amazing! I hope the weather holds out for your pictures this weekend!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such awesome pictures of you veterans!! And your little ones are just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can’t get enough of my candles right now! Chick fil a is amazing, isn’t it?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great pictures of your family veterans! Incredibly thankful for their service!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. good morning, i saw the candle you posted on here, and was wondering who makes it and where i can find it please, i tried googling whatever is on the front of the candle but cant find it, can you help please? thank you and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cant believe you just went to chicfila for your first time!!! Its by far the best fast food around!!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top