Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Favorite Christmas Songs!

So I know it isn't December yet, but WHO can resist Christmas music for as long as possible!? (OK, probably a lot of people ... but whatever!).  I've always listened to Christmas music starting at least by mid-November. I also always have a special evening where I wrap all my Christmas gifts and watch a Christmas movie (and now that I'm married, it's usually a girly Christmas movie on a night Grant isn't home).

So, here are my FAVORITE Christmas songs (be prepared, I like the cheesy ones!).

1. All I Want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song. It's peppy, catchy and I love belting this song out.



2. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays by N*Sync. Um. Yes. I just admitted this publicly. My BFF Tanya and I used to play this on repeat FULL BLAST in our old apartment and jam. It's SO corny but I love it. LOVE it! Also, this really dates me, but in high school I used to work at a video store (haha) and this song was at the end of that old Jonathan Taylor Thomas (remember him!?) movie "I'll Be Home for Christmas."




3. Mele Kalikimaka by Bing Crosby. I think the main reason I like this song is because it's in my favorite Christmas movie, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but it's catchy and fun.



4. Michael Buble's entire Christmas Album. Not picking favorites here, but I love his whole Christmas collection! So many great songs. Love this little duet White Christmas duet with he and Kellie Pickler!




5. Sleighride by the Ronettes. I think I love this song because it's one of my Dad's favorites so I always remember hearing it growing up. So festive and fun!




I also feel it's important to note these are my fun Christmas favorites for listening at home and in the car, but I love many classic and beautiful hymns and singing silent night with candles at Christmas Eve services. (I also feel it's equally as important to share my LEAST favorite Christmas song - Jingle Bells. Ugh.)

What are your Christmas favorites??

Xo

8 comments:

  1. You made me sing like I was a "Glee" staring teenager this morning! The holiday channel is so on my Sirius Radio and blasting in the house when I'm home alone! Ooh I love all these and Walking in a Winter Winderland, Baby It's Cold Outside, I could go on and on!!! Fun stuff sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariah Carey's song is one of my favorites as well! And anything Nsync. All those boy bands had amazing Christmas albums. And silent night is definitely my favorite traditional Christmas song. Just a beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Buble's album is the perfect Christmas album! I love pretty much all the songs you listed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Feliz Navidad, 12 days of christmas, rocking around the Christmas tree, and a few others. Although Mele K....well I've heard that enough to last me a lifetime. My ex loved that song so much and would play it all of the time.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason I'm really partial to Wham's Last Christmas - it's always my go-to lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I will always love Mariah Carey and NSync's Christmas songs, there is a huge special place in my heart for Mr. Michael Buble! I shamelessly have both of his Christmas albums and they will be on repeat :-D

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great post idea! I was just thinking about how I needed to post my favorite ones in a Friday Favorites post or something! Mariah is a definite classic, as is N*Sync and allll of Michael Buble's Christmas songs...yes please!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great post idea! I've always loved the NSYNC christmas album. If you've never heard Johnnyswim's christmas album, check it out now! You will LOVE it!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top