Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekend fun

Happy Monday! It's a rainy, dreary day here this morning and I wish I was tucked into bed for a long lazy morning in bed. But let's be honest - that never happens, so I guess I shouldn't wish for it! 

I had a nice birthday evening on Thursday, celebrating with pizza, wine and a Seahawks win! The "kids" (aka Grant) got me pretty flowers which still look bright and cheery on our table. 


I was treated by my parents to a chocolate chip cookie pie with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Mmmmm. 


Saturday morning the kids took over the bed (along with "Megan," Lila's baby (if you can spot her) to snuggle and watch videos on our phones. 


My mom and I had a little shopping day that afternoon and enjoyed some amazing cappuccinos. I don't normally order these, but with rich foamy milk topped with raw sugar and cinnamon, I'm a fan! I probably wouldn't order this from Starbucks, but from a cute cafe yes please! 


Sunday we left the boys at home and Lila and I headed downtown to the Seattle Center for a play at the Seattle Children's Theater. Lila's finally the minimum age for three of this season's shows so we bought season tickets with a few friends and I was particularly excited because my mom and I used to go there when I was a kid. 


The theater is right under the Space Needle so it was fun to go early for lunch and some great people watching. 


Here's Lila ready for her first play! She wasn't quite sure what to expect and I think thought we were just going somewhere to play, but she understood right away and had so much fun watching. 


For all you parents, we saw a play called "Elephant & Piggie" based on the Elephant & Piggie books - they turned it into a musical and merged the stories from all of the books together. It was SO cute and we had to buy a few of the books in the gift shop after. 


Hope you had a great weekend!!

Xo

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! The flowers are beautiful, and looks like a great weekend. The play sounds so cute, such a fun activity for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect weekend! Your flowers are gorgeous. That play sounds super cute. What a fun tradition to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great birthday weekend!! I agree - ordering fun drinks from little cafes is always more fun! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great birthday weekend! Those flowers are beautiful and the chocolate chip cookie pie & cappuccino look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a perfect weekend! Flowers are really the best way to brighten things up right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those mom daughter little outings!! And cookie pie?! What is that deliciousness!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fabulous birthday weekend filled with beautiful flowers, yummy food, and loved ones. And how fun that Lila got to go to her first play <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great weekend! Those flowers are gorgeous and um cookie pie?! Yes please! Looks like a great mother daughter outing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday again!!! Loving those flowers from Owen and Lila, Sophie got me cat food for my birthday, it was nice. Haha. Sounds like you were treated to an awesome birthday weekend, make sure to celebrate through this week too ;)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a fun birthday weekend! Those flowers are beautiful!
    and that dessert looks to die for!
    Thanks for linking up with us for weekend recap :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chocolate chip cookie pie?! What?! I need to find me some of that.

    Michael and I went to a play at SCT last year. We were the only ones there without children hahaha. We just wanted to do something Christmas-y and couldn't afford big people plays so we went. :) People probably thought we were weirdos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flowers are gorgeous and that cookie pie - yes please!!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top