Thursday, October 29, 2015

Rainy Thursday

Good morning! The week's ALMOST coming to a close. Well, the work week that is. Mine's been super busy and the fact that it's been SO RAINY here hasn't helped boost the mood (or the traffic). This is what it's looked like all week through my windshield (can you tell where I just pulled into?). 


This is what Seattle is known for. Mild temps - not too hot, not too cold, but grey and rainy. I guess I should be used to it by now!


On the bright side, I got to wear a few of my new fall finds lately! First, I was able to finally wear my new coat this week, which I picked up during the Nordstrom sale this summer. It's slightly puffy, warm and has a zip off hood which is nice! I don't see it online anymore, but it was under $50, so perfect for a less formal option to my hardcore North Face rain coat. I was a tad hot in it, but it was fun to wear finally and was nice to use the giant hood to protect my hair from the rain. 


My new go-to for work recently has been sweater dresses, tights and booties. The nice thing is they are warm, work appropriate, but cute enough for an "occasion" after work too - whether a date or meeting friends. I always feel more fancy if I add dangle earrings or a cute clutch thrown into my laptop bag. 

I picked up this dress recently at Nordstrom. It's MUCH cuter in person than in the online photo. It's a light sweater material, is more navy than it looks in the picture, has pockets, and looks great with navy or grey tights too. I also have a red blazer that looks fun with it too for a little more formal work look. 

Other than that, is it too early to wish for summer?! HA!! 

Xo

9 comments:

  1. It poured all day the past two days here and I totally joked on my Snapchat that I felt like I lived in Seattle! That's a chilly rain (in my opinion) though! It was in the 70's here during the rain but I feel like I'd be freezing if it was in the 50's! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy here too and only a high of 47 today. Ugh! But you, my dear, brighten the day with your precious face in your new coat!! You have the BEST skin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had the same weather the last few days and I'm ready for the 72 degrees they promised today! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweater dresses with tights and booties! That rain is intense, I could not do that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our weather hasn't been too great here in Ohio either :( But it is better than snow!
    Love that coat you snagged during the sale!
    Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sweater dress--especially because of the pockets!! Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the Thinking Out Loud linkup! That dress is gorgeous! It'll look great with a red blazer! Who doesn't love a few extra pockets, too?

    Mariah
    www.faithandfashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sweater dress is beautiful! I would love something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that sweater dress! The rain and the cold, ugh hope it stops raining. We're supposed to get a horrible storm on Halloween >_<

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top