Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Halloween Costumes

Happy Tuesday! Today I'm linking up with Momfessionals for Show & Tell Tuesday to share our Halloween costumes! I've said before that I never used to like Halloween until we had kids, now I think it's so cute and festive!!

Here we are last year. I was Minnie Mouse, Lila and Owen were Jessie and Buzz from Toy Story, and Grant was Marshawn Lynch (Seahawks player).


Minnie Mouse was a really easy costume to put together. I bought cheap ears from Amazon and a cute little homemade apron from Etsy that was under $20. then I wore a black T-shirt and pants I already had, along with little Mary Janes I also already had. I painted some mouse whiskers and nose on and I was set!



Lila's had some cute costumes over the years too. Here she is as an 18 month old Raggedy Ann ... so cute.



And then as a two year old Cookie Monster! I think Owen will be wearing this costume this year ... recycling at it's finest!!!



This year Lila's going to be ... Elsa. Hahah. She already has the dress, wig, shoes and gloves so really we don't need anything for her. Hopefully we can keep her wig on a little better.


Grant is going to be Olaf the snowman from Frozen!! I bought him an adult XL on Amazon and it is like capri pants on him (he's 6'5). Hilarious.


I am going to be a simple witch! I bought this little tutu skirt on Etsy. I'm going to pair it with a black shirt, a little witch hat headband, and some fun black and purple striped tights (both from Amazon). I may need to wear the tights over leggings or something because I'm not sure this tutu will appropriately cover the old bum, but we'll see. Ha!


Spooooky hat with black spiders on the veil - eeeek!




We're excited Halloween is on a Saturday this year so we can start trick or treating earlier without racing home from work and scrambling to get everyone ready. Hopefully it doesn't rain!

Xo

13 comments:

  1. I love that the whole family dresses up that's my goal when we have kids. My husband would love the Marshawn Lynch idea hah!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness your family makes halloween so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is going to be adorable and I can't wait to see it all together! And I can't wait to see the capris on your husband hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are all too cute - I love the past costumes and really like what you're going to do this year! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay I love that the whole family dresses up. It makes Halloween so much more fun I think, and it's not like you have to go all out! Loving the witch tutu this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your costumes! Lila is such a cute cookie monster, that really should be what Sophie is this year because she loves cookies. But she's going as a sushi roll.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your costumes from last year! Oh and Raggedy Ann...so cute!!!!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that veil!!! Would you believe I've been looking for a minnie costume for myself for a while now. Need to copy your idea…. and raggedy ann!? LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the costumes! And oh my gosh, Owen looks so tiny in last year's picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha loving the Olaf costume! There need to be pictures documenting that! And love your witchy hat with the spiders, so fun! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post! I love it:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your Minnie look, and can't get over how much I love your costume for this year <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness you little ones are such dolls. And I love your costumes!!! That veil is awesome...I can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top