Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday Fun: Simply Me

So many great ideas on this list!  A Splendid Long Weekend in Seattle - WSJ:
image

Happy Friday!! And Happy Halloween weekend! Today Lila's preschool kids are having pajama day (guessing so they aren't tempted to wear costumes to school). Tomorrow we'll be dressing up and trick or treating EARLY. I'm hoping since it's a Saturday this year that we can take the kids out earlier than normal since people will be home. Then it won't be a rush and we can do more before we come home and shut off the lights! Ha. Then Sunday we're having a little birthday dinner party for my Dad! Should be fun!

Today I'm mixing things up a bit by participating in Liz's first "Simply Me" link-up! Talking all about ... my state!

The Questions!

"I've lived in (how many) states."  ONE! It's true. I've only lived in good old Washington state my whole life. I grew up on Whidbey Island, went to college in Bellingham, WA (go Vikings!), moved to Seattle after college, and then moved to the suburbs after I got married, where I've lived in the same house for the last 8 years! 

11 Things to Do in Seattle If You Only Hanve One Day.  Read more at   http://downtowntraveler.com/2012/09/23/photos-11-things-to-do-in-seattle-if-you-only-have-one-day/#comment-44539:
(The Space Needle has SUCH cool views) 

"My favorite state is ... ?" WASHINGTON? Since I have only lived in one place I really can't pick favorites because visiting and living are two very different things. If I had to pick a second favorite, I'd pick HAWAII because ...well, it's tropical and amazing. 

"Why do you live in the state you currently live in?" Well, I've always lived here and never had a reason to move! My family and Grant's families also both live here, we both grew up here and went to college here, and both have good jobs here, so unless we moved totally randomly or for work, I don't really see us moving. 

(Seattle stereotype? We bust our our summer gear if the temps crack 60!! True story). 


"Would you like to move to another state?" YES! Well, maybe. I wish I lived somewhere on the water, with year-round nice, warm weather and no snow. We don't get much snow here, but the winter is very gloomy - think 50s and grey. I would love to live on the beach in California or something. Maybe when I retire. 

"What is your state known for?" Oh, so many things. I'd say rain is #1. Although that's not necessarily all that true. We actually don't get as much rain as a lot of states - but those states get massive rain storms all at once and then not again for awhile where as we get a lot of light rain/misty days. We're also known for coffee, lots of HQ's (Starbucks, Amazon, Microsoft, REI), hippies/earthy people, apples, great water/mountains scenery, musicians (Dave Matthews, Macklemore/Ryan Lewis, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc ...) ... and ... what else? What do you think of when you think of Seattle stereotypes? 



Xo

14 comments:

  1. Girl yes. Let's all move to California :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washington sounds so perfect! My great aunt and uncle live there and we visited when I was a lot younger. I'd love to go back again sometime soon! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine would sound a lot like this! I've only ever lived in Alabama and always in the same county so not much variety here. Washington looks beautiful and I'd visit to try all the coffees!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to visit Seattle. Even though the rain would get to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading this post! Enjoyed hearing why you love it there especially because I keep telling my fiance I want to move to Seattle when he's done with school! Happy Friday and Happy Halloween!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to visit your wonderful state! After reading this post I know I must! And when I'm there you and I can have coffee, ha ha! Pajama day sounds so fun, in fact I'm off today, and I'm still in my pajamas, ha ha! I hope the kiddos have a wonderful Halloween and you have a most amazing weekend beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Washington State, one I always wanted to visit. Reading from Liz's Simply Me link up today. When family is in the same state, I wouldn't want to move either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have never been to washington but would love to visit! great post! i think of coffee, mountains, the fish market, the gum wall ... i have heard great things! i am from the midwest and live in north carolina now but would love to visit the northwest at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to visit Washington. It looks like such a pretty state. We are on the opposite end of the country in Florida, and even though we are called the "Sunshine State", we get lots of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww this made me feel sad about our upcoming move. :( I will miss Seattle in all its glory! The other stereotype I always think of: flannel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We bust out our summer wear in Minnesota once it hits 60, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Washington looks beautiful! I think I'd fit in with the hippies for sure lol but I wouldn't be able to deal with the rain/misty days. However.. SC has been a rainforest lately so maybe it wouldn't be much different!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What no costumes on the day before? We used to do that all the time when I was a child and went to school.

    I wish I would have lived in one state, it's nice to have that familiarity in a family. Haha rain, I would say yes. Or Grey's Anatomy. "Seattle has ferry boats"

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am adding Washington to my bucket list. I have never been to the West coast and I so want to visit one day. Found you over at Simply Me link up! :) Lowanda of Sunshine and Elephants

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top