Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday favs

Wooooot! TGIF for sure! The weeks are flying by and I can barely keep up. It feels kind of like Groundhog's day. Wake up early, work, get kids fed, dressed, take Lila to school, work all day, race home, pick Lila up, play, make dinner, play some more, put kids to bed, clean up, work maybe or watch a show, sleep. No wonder the days go by so quickly - it's a whirlwind!

This is Lila and I at our (now tradition) weekly after-school Starbucks date. Wide-eyed and ready to go home! I love these little dates with her, she's so chatty and sweet and it's great to tell each other about our days. 


Speaking of our whirlwind lately, I've been craving nothing more than a move. Which is super dramatic and not likely to happen, but I've been researching real estate on the coast. Given my island upbringing, I'm really feeling the need to move to a smaller, slower town on the water. Here's the view of one of the homes I sent Grant yesterday ... doesn't it look like pure bliss!? We'll see if it's in the cards for us, but it's something to dream about anyway. 


The weather's been awesome around here again, sunny and warm but definitely fall. Cool and foggy in the mornings, warm and high 60s in the afternoon. It makes for funny outfits though, I had my peacoat on in the morning and by the time we went to the park after work I had to change into sandals because I was too hot! 


Having kids truly brings out the joy in even the little things - like how entertaining raspberries on your fingers can be during lunch. 


Owen had never done it before and thought it was hilarious! He had Lila eating his off his fingers and LAUGHED hysterically. 


Since I work remotely half the week I worked at a local Starbucks earlier this week and switched up my order to get - gasp - a tea!! It was a nice little change (granted, I'd already had about 3 cups of coffee earlier that day, haha!). Loving that they still have the Seahawks sleeves around here too! So fun. 


Speaking of tea, I mentioned I've been drinking it more at night while I read and this has been helping with my constant dehydration problem! I put a ton of lemon in it and it's not only soothing but hydrating too! 


Hope you all have a great weekend!

Xo

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the pictures with the raspberries! So so sweet! I drink a lot of tea with lemon too and I love how it warms the soul! You guys look so stinking cute in your Starbucks picture and I hope you have a most glorious weekend beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your weekly Starbucks dates, such a simple but memorable mother/daughter tradition. And that view is incredible, I hope it works out for you someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable your kiddos are! I love drinking tea any time of day! The Starbucks Chai Latte is my every day drink!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet tradition with your girl! And I started ordering tea every so often now too! It sits with my tummy a little better especially if I've had a ton of coffee already! Also makes me less jittery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, even though I'm not a Seahawks fan those Starbucks sleeves are too fun! And jealous of your weather in the 60's. It's still in the upper 80's here. Ready for cooler weather! And loving your Starbucks date tradition, so cute! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your Starbucks dates, and a move to the coast sounds heavenly. A slower paced lifestyle and those views - gorgeous <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little ones are just too cute! Can I move with your to the coast...that just looks GORGEOUS! I would love to move somewhere with a slower pace...maybe in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. An after school starbucks date sounds so fun!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A water backdrop from your house would be amazing!! I'm loving your pictures and that coffee date with your girl tradition (still!)! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are they. Raspberry fingers are the best!! And starbucks dates with the littles-- awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That property on the water is a dream! If I were you I would make an offer on it immediately! I would love to live close to the water! The lifestyle is so quaint and nice! I can't wait to have Starbucks dates with my little man. I do often take him there for a cookie and he loves that!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The view from that house is amazing! I definitely think I want to live somewhere slower paced when we have kids. Growing up in a small town will do that to you! I love the raspberries on the fingers. Owen looks so excited about it, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids love to do that with their raspberries too:) That view from the house is amazing!!! Crossing my fingers for you that a move is in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pics with the raspberries. I love seeing kid's reactions when they see something for the first time! What a sweet moment! -Jess, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top