Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Current Reads

I've been reading much more consistently lately and I love it! I've been taking a cup of tea with lemon to bed and enjoying my tea while I read. It's been a nice little wind down and getting me to read more. 

First, I finished After You by Jojo Moyes. This is the "sequel" to "Me Before You," which I posted about as one of my summer reads. If you haven't read that one yet (you can read my quick recap here), I recommend reading that first as this one doesn't recap much of what happened in the first. If you have read it, it picks up with Louisa months later and shows what's new in her life. And there are surprises about Will's life that she learns. I won't spoil anything, but it's another good read by Jojo Moyes. 


Second, I also finished The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty. I've read many of Liane's books and really liked them all but really liked this one too!! It's a unique story about a hypnotist who starts dating a man who is "stalked" by his ex! It sounds comical, and kind of is at first, but then it weaves the story back and forth from the hypnotist and "stalker's" point of view .I liked it! I definitely felt bad for the "stalker" in the end - I want there to be a sequel where she finds happiness!! Have any of you read this? I'd love to know what you thought!


So, now what should I read!? I always have numerous "samples" waiting on my Kindle. I LOVE this feature because it saves you from the dreaded "book you can't finish." Instead, they send you the first few chapters and then you can decide.

Next up? I saw this book - "Life and Other Near Death Experiences" - recommended by Sarah Jio, whose books I love, and when I looked it up on Kindle it was a marvelous $0 ... Can't beat free! It has good reviews and a tropical setting, so I'm hoping it's a win. Anyone read this one yet? 



Send me your other book recommendations!! I'm always looking for new books!!

Xo


11 comments:

  1. I'm so behind on my reading, I recently gave my nook to my husband because I just missed physical books so adding these to 2 to my read list.
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved hearing your thoughts on these books! I am reading The Martian right now and it's incredible! I want to finish it while the movie is still in theaters!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I've heard that movie is good - had no idea it was a book first! Will have to check it out!

      Delete
  3. Love free books on the kindle...that is always my favorite kind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Laine's books too but have not read this one. I am currently reading Luckiest Girl Alive and I think it's going to be really good!!! Have a great Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is on my list too!!!! I've heard it's really good ...

      Delete
  5. I'm going to check these books out. Haven't heard of any of them and I would like to start reading a book. Emphasis on start, I don't know if I'll ever finish.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so needed this post because I haven't read anything non-fiction in a while!! Thank you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hypnotists love story sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love book reviews!! Thanks for sharing :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm intrigued by Life and Near Death Experiences and yay for free! :-D

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top