Thursday, September 10, 2015

What's on my Kindle ...

I've been on a mini reading tear lately, finishing these three in the last two weeks! I have always loved reading but after having kids I found it a little bit harder to read for leisure. Lately, I've been picking it up again and always have 2-3 books waiting for me on my Kindle. I love books recs too, so please let me know what you've been reading!

(Disclaimer! I don't like to read "intellectual" books, or anything where you have to think too much #dontjudge). I like quick, easy and lighthearted reads. 



Who do you Love by Jennifer Weiner 



I LOVED this book! It just came out a few weeks ago and I quickly bought it the same day it was released. I think I've read all of Jennifer Weiner's books and I've liked most of them but I think this is one of my favorites. It's very well written and about two kids who grow up separately but their lives cross paths and the chapters are written back and forth from their various perspectives. I won't give more away, but definitely read this! It's "chick lit" but closer to women's fiction and I really liked it!!

Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave



I saw this reviewed in a magazine and decided to give it a try. It was good, an easy quick read about a family that runs a winery in Sonoma. It wasn't my favorite book ever, but I enjoyed it and it definitely made me want to visit wine country soon!!

Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan



OK, so I think everyone has read this book but me, but if you are one of the few who haven't read it yet, you MUST read! I loved it! Call me Will and Kate obsessed, but if you are into royals, this is such a great book. It's about an American college student who goes to study at Oxford and joins the friends group of the future King, Prince Nick! It's seriously very similar to the Will and Kate story (minus the American part) even sort of modeling the Prince's brother after Prince Harry. I loved it - it's classic chick lit, but a fun and easy read. My favorite of the summer for sure! PS - it's only $3.99 on Kindle right now. 

I'm always looking for new book recs, so please send me yours!!!

9 comments:

  1. Eek! Definitely downloading the new Jennifer Weiner book! Glad to hear you loved it! And I liked Eight Hundred Grapes but I loved The Royal We! So much I'm rereading it right now haha! I just finished The Luckiest Girl Alive. It was really good but a little darker at times. I'd definitely recommend it though!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh i am always looking for new book reccs, so i appreciate these! i definitely want to read the royal we, thanks to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a little bit to get into the royal we, but I really loved it!! I need to scoop that jennifer weiner book up! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The Royal We! I just read Silver Girl by Erin HIlderbrand and loved it! Currently reading The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin and it's pretty good so far!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I'm officially (finally) downloading The Royal We - LOVE them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed that this JEnnifer Weiner was my fave…. so good… Got to get the Royal we for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a few people talk about The Royal We, adding it to my list! I'm like you, I enjoy reading light hearted books as well. It's our time to relax and not have to think hard :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally only like to read light, easy reads. Anything too deep and serious and I just can't get through it, at least not quickly. I have been Netflixing instead of reading way too much lately...I need to make reading a priority!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top