Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Long weekend

Happy Tuesday! I LOVE a good long weekend. There's something about having a Monday off that makes SUCH a huge difference. Even though Owen didn't get the holiday memo and woke up early, it was so nice to have an extra day of R&R. We were so busy with various activities (including some fall decor shopping - YES!) that I didn't take many pictures. Sometimes that's a good thing, but doesn't make for a great weekend update. 

One thing that I did seem to capture was how weird our weather was this weekend. Friday/Saturday it felt like fall, a little blustery and rainy and I wore plaid and boots. 


A trip to the park meant being bundled up and rainy leaf covered sidewalks. Side note, I have never been an orange juice fan until recently! Love these delish little single servings. 


Saturday might Grant made us a nice pasta dinner after the kids went to bed and it was a cozy evening at home. I've been loving having my candles all lit! 


Sunday morning was the same thing. It was pretty rainy so the kids stayed in their PJs and wanted to play "movie theater" while they watched Cars. Even their little animals had to join in! 


In the afternoon the weather cleared and we headed out for family ice cream! 


Then on Monday the weather was summery again! We went to zoo and this sweet girl rode the carousel.


During naptime I hit the yard with my book and a cup of coffee. It was so warm that I had to go change into shorts and a tank. What a difference a day makes! 


Family reading! 


Hope you had a great weekend too!

Xo

7 comments:

  1. so glad you had a wonderful long weekend. love that you were able to get out a bit. i'm obsessed with your candles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your fall weather. Can you send it to Dallas please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh so fun that you got a taste of Fall weather - it was so hot here lol!! I agree - Monday's should always be a holiday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! So jealous you go some cooler weather too, it's still unbelievably hot down here! And yes for having Monday's off, so needed every once in awhile!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send some of that fall weather over here too! We're still in the 90's. Looks like such a fun weekend :) Haven't ridden the carousal in years.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the crazy spastic PNW weather where it can be hailing one minute and sunny with blue skies the next! Haha. Okay, sometimes it does drive me crazy (like what do I wear?!) but I really do love it! Can we have another three day weekend now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture of her on the carousel is frame worthy! Glad you had a great holiday weekend, I wish Mondays were always a holiday or at least once a month!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top