Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Loaded cauliflower soup


Now that it's offiically FALL I've been craving warm soups and crock pot meals! A few weeks ago, I made a loaded cauliflower soup, which is a lighter and less carb heavy version of a loaded baked potato soup. I based mine off of this recipe from Skinny Taste, which uses half potato/half cauliflower, so if you want to ease into it, that's a great option too. But, if you use all cauliflower you can add more bacon and sour cream, right?! 



Loaded Cauliflower Soup
1 large head cauliflower, chopped
1 cup milk (I used 1%)
1 cup chicken broth, warmed
1 cup shredded cheese (I used both sharp cheddar, and jack cheese - seen above)
5 slices cooked bacon, chopped into small pieces
2-3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt & Pepper

While you prep your ingredients, steam your cauliflower in a large pot until it's cooked but still a bite to it (don't overcook or it'll be too gloppy when you puree). When your cauliflower is done, drain and return to the pot. Add milk and chicken broth. Let simmer for 5 minutes or so. Puree to desired consistency using an immersion blender (if you don't have one, you can blend in a blender and return to the pot). I left a few chunks for texture, but you can puree smooth if you like. Then add cheese, green onions, bacon and sour cream and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. Add salt & pepper to taste. Top with any additional toppings, and ENJOY!

Xo


9 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of baked potato soup that I know I'll love this too - and it has the same look! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yum! That looks delicious. I would have thought potato, not cauliflower - I want to try this.

    xo, Carly | carly blogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a healthier version! I may have to make this this weekend because we for sure are looking for some healthier meal options (although I don't know if I could make it fully cauliflower, may need to ease into it). We love our potatoes.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a head of cauliflower in our fridge...and we LOVE soup in the fall...I kind of want to make this this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds yummy & healthy! I love soup this time of year!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This soup is a personal favorite. To me its tastes similar to a homestyle clam chowder, minus the clams. Nice work honey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This soup is a personal favorite. To me its tastes similar to a homestyle clam chowder, minus the clams. Nice work honey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delicious! I tried making mashed potatoes doing half and half and they really tasted good!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top