Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Life lately

Life lately has been pretty sweet. We're gearing up for a little vacation, the seasons are changing and the kids are at their cutest phase yet. We are soaking in all the time we can spent in our backyard and the kids love to play together, chase, etc. 

Here's some of what we've been up to ... 

Our backyard is so pretty in the evenings, with one of our maple trees starting to turn and the sunshine streaming through. Can you spot Owen in this pic? He and Lila are playing "gardening," which includes scooping and dumping bark over and over. They love it! 


I got two new scented candles from Bath & Body works - this year I picked Pumpkin Cupcake and Pumpkin Marshmallow. They smell amazing and make our house feel so cozy and festive. 


It's been warm enough to keep us in shorts and T-shirts for the most part. I love seeing how bleached Owen's hair got this summer, and his little feet have tan lines from his TOMS! So sweet. Lila's been loving her heart-shaped sunglasses, which were another fabulous find from the $1 bin at Target. 


I generally drink wayyy too much coffee, so sometimes I like to get a chai tea to mix it up. Even though these also have caffeine, sometimes it's a nice treat. Topped with a little cinnamon and nutmeg makes it feel very fallish as well. 


And speaking of festive, even though it hasn't completely cooled off, I've been able to wear my TOMS booties on a few of the non-scorching days! They are SO comfortable that I don't mind that they are heeled. I'm still not quite sure what to do with my pants, but they are my new favorite!


I made my first loaf of pumpkin spice bread for the season (one to eat and one went in the freezer). I added in a few mini chocolate chips too, because ... why not!?


Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Xo



11 comments:

  1. That sun through the trees pic is so pretty! And I definitely need to check out Bath & Body Works for that candle. It sounds amazing!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for an upcoming vacation! That photo of your backyard is gorgeous! Candles & booties...I love fall :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture of your backyard. Gorgeous! I love my Tom booties too...I just roll my jeans a tiny bit so you can see a little ankle skin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously feel like I could walk miles in my Toms booties. Aren't they the most comfortable things in the world?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove pumpkin breads of any kind! I got a $10 off of $30 code for BBW in my email today...so tempted to get a candle with it! But what else to buy to bring me to $30? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Your backyard looks so darn cozy
    2. Yes to all things pumpkin
    3. Chai tea is my go-to when I'm not in a coffee mood
    4. That pumpkin bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came across your blog.. your pictures make me so excited for fall! I'll have to try making pumpkin spice bread, that sounds so good =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! my kinda gal!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your photos, and I wish I had that kind of fall weather you're having. I love your outfit, toms and black pants. I can't wait till it's cool enough for us to have that kind of weather.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a dreamy post!! Love the coffee and changing trees! Wish I saw more of that in South Texas!

    Tara
    http://hcheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your backyard looks gorgeous and i'm a big fan of those 3-wick candles! Fall is such a pretty time although maybe not so much here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top