Tuesday, September 29, 2015

It's national Coffee Day!


Happy Coffee Day! I'll admit I didn't know about this very important holiday until I saw it on Facebook (hah), but since you all know I love myself a good cup of coffee (or 10) a day, this holiday needed to be recognized!! (Check out the places you can get a free cup here). 

I didn't start drinking coffee until college, and then it was mostly just the occasional latte or mocha. I'd study at Starbucks or get one from a stand on campus.

Living in Seattle though, you must have an opinion on your coffee. There's a coffee shop on every corner, a drive through stand on every street and some blocks even have MORE than one Starbucks. It's funny because we're home of the Starbucks corporate HQ, but also home of LOTS of indie coffee shops and coffee snobs that would "scoff" nevverrrr drink that corporate Starbucks coffee. I do like a lot of the smaller/indie coffee shops' coffee better, but I don't typically discriminate.

I never really knew the difference between a latte, cappuccino, macchiato, etc. This makes it all make more sense!

how to order an espresso and not sound stupid:
image via 


My favorite way to have my coffee these days is strong/bold drip coffee with this "real" vanilla or hazelnut creamer.  PS - check your creamer ingredients - a couple of years ago I discovered that a lot of creamers have high-fructose corn syrup! This one still has some artificial flavoring, but way less sketchy ingredients. 




And while I may have my "usual," I definitely don't discriminate and appreciate all forms!

I like it iced ...


Hot ... while wearing my slippers ... 


I like it with fancy foam art ... 


Or seasonal! Red cups are my favorite! My favorite seasonal drink? Peppermint mocha!


I  even like it while on vacation in warm weather ... 


Or iced with cookies for an afternoon treat. 


Or drizzled with chocolate and whipped cream at our local brunch spot! 


Outdoors ... 


And frozen ... 



So there you have it, my love for coffee on this special International Coffee Day. So this may all just prove that I take WAY too many coffee pictures, or may mean that I need to drink more water and cut back on high calorie beverages, but I prefer it as a showing of my true love and devotion to all things coffee . 

Xo



8 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this holiday! I LOVE me some coffee & I'm with you, I'll pretty much have it anyway you can take it. I need to check my creamer stat!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh gotta grab me a coffee today!! I do one from time to time as a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, this is an awesome post especially for us coffee lovers! I'm drinking my coffee right now as I'm reading this, and I'll take it anyway Too!! I hope you have a wonderful and caffeine filled Tuesday sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely celebrating with some coffee this morning! It was much needed on our dreary, rainy day! You drink some very delicious looking coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmmmmmmm! Hands down my favorite "national ______" day on the calendar by far <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post has me all kinds of happy. I totally would've have done something like this had I known before :) I love every single one. How do you make your iced coffee???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum. This makes me want to order a peppermint white mocha. And a s'mores frap. And drink more coffee with creamer. Gimme allll the coffee!!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top