Monday, September 28, 2015

Home again

We are home now from our week away! We had a great trip but it was really nice to sleep in our own beds. Lila and I came down with bad colds on Saturday so our weekend included a lot of R&R, movies, OJ and Kleenex. And of course, laundry and unpacking (aka, the worst parts of vacation aftermath!)

The last day of our trip we stopped at a fun restaurant, Blueberry Hills Farm. It's a cool old farmhouse style breakfast/lunch restaurant located on - you guessed it, a blueberry farm! You can pick berries during blueberry season and they have lots of blueberry items on the menu - including blueberry syrup!

Here are the kids posing next to our outdoor picnic table ... See the blueberry plants behind them?


Lila's hot chocolate had a small portion of whipped cream ;) 


And so did the kids' waffles!!! 


I got a delicious BLT with blueberry mayo and some amazing fisherman's clam chowder - so good!!


After we got home, I spent the rest of the weekend nursing my cold with slipper boots and flannel, which was perfect for cold mornings in the yard. Owen is constantly wanting to play outside all day long, going to our screen door chanting "side, mama, side!!!" (His way of asking to go outside).


We also got a giant pumpkin on our way home, and despite passing many pumpkin patches we actually got this big one at Costco, ha!! (#notfestive)


Sunday we watched football and I made one of my favorite fall crockpot recipes - crockpot lasagna. Hearty and delicious.


Can't say I'm excited to go back to the work routine tomorrow, hoping we are at least all feeling better by then!!

Xo

17 comments:

  1. Still dying over where y'all vacationed, it's beautiful and looks so relaxing! That crockpot lasagna made my stomach growl just thinking about it!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you were sick but glad you enjoyed your trip! That crockpot lasagna looks amazing! I've never tried it in the crockpot before!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy whipped cream - that is some hot chocolate!! Sad to hear you guys came down with colds, but glad it was after the vacation!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! So sorry to hear you and Lila came down with colds! :( Hope you guys are feeling better. That hot chocolate looks amazing! And that crock pot lasagna sounds so good! Have a great week girl!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you poor mama! I will pray you both get to feeling better!! These pictures are so cute!! I'll bet her eyes got big when she saw all that whipped cream!! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better♥ The food looks delicious♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get better girlfriend! At least that restaurant was a nice pit stop! Looks amazing, the food and the hot chocolate! And I love your fall decor on the outside :) I hope to get some pumpkins soon.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! Looks like a fun weekend! I LOVE Crockpot lasagna. So easy and yummy!'
    Love the outdoor pumpkin decor!

    Thanks for linking up your weekend :)

    xo, Lisa @ Showered With Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I have to admit that when you said, "including blueberry syrup" I thought it said 'soup' and I was a little weirded out haha!! Michael and I made your cauliflower soup on Friday (with a few swaps) and it was soo yummy! We definitely went for seconds and ate way too much haha! Hope you're all feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kaitlin!

    Just found your site through Lindsay at "Not a Mom" and wanted to say how precious your little family is! That clam chowder looks so intense -- I wouldn't mind a bowl of that right now. Can't wait to follow along!

    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all that whipped cream - YUM! Glad you guys are settled back in at home, hope you feel better soon *hugs*

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are feeling better! That hot chooclate with whipped cream looks AMAZING! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures! A Blueberry farm sounds so fun!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It always feels so nice to get home after time away. The crockpot lasagna looks ah-mazing and I need to try that out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool! I am a blueberry junkie!
    It looks like some bites were taken out of the hot chocolate whipped cream in the waffle picture :p

    Tara
    http://hcheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you guys had fun!!Going away is so nice but you always seem to be ready to come home!!
    Chelsea
    http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That whip cream is on another level! I love your kid's face :)

    I would die if I was at a blueberry farm because I looooove blueberries!! OMG, how cool is that that you guys got to go.

    Feel better soon and omg crockpot lasagna?! I'm gonna have to try that out.

    Thanks for linkin' up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top