Thursday, September 24, 2015

Happy Friday!!

We are heading home from our vacation today!! We are hoping to enjoy the last few hours of fun before making the drive back over the mountains. We had such a great time and know we will be back, but it's always hard to pack up and go home. I always find myself wishing we had longer!!!

My post yesterday had my main favorites of the week, but here are a few new scenes from yesterday ... 

We went to my favorite winery which looks like an Italian villa high on a hillside with gorgeous views of the lake and vineyards. We bought a bottle and sat on the lawn while the kids played and Lila "performed" various songs for us. 



Then in the afternoon we hit the lake. Owen even took a dip!! He wasn't too sure about the pool when we first got here, but loves the hot tub (or hot pool as he calls it). But surprisingly, yesterday he had no problem wading into the freezing lake to throw some sand and retrieve a few rocks and sticks (#totalboy). Lila even swam out to a little dock with us and Grant was so proud.



Somehow trying to get Owen to smile always equals the worst smiles for me and an unimpressed look from him...




We can't wait to come back next year!!

Xo



4 comments:

  1. How gorgeous are the views from that winery?! Stunning! Looks like you guys had an absolutely amazing vacation, have a safe trip home <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is gorgeous! I been to a winery but now I'm desperate to go!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I love that picture of Owen on the beach! Soo cute! Glad you guys had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks sooo beautiful! Definitely a great last trip before summer is really over. I love the pictures they are gorgeous :) are you using your phone or a camera?

    this winery looks awesome definitely more than just wine sites.
    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top