Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Favorites!

Happy Friday! I'm so excited because this weekend we leave for a little family vacation and I can't wait to have some time by the pool, happy hours on the patio and lots of family fun. This week has been busy too, so we need it. It's funny how getting ready to go on a trip is almost more work than it's worth ... but always usually worth it in the end. 

Here are my favorites from the week!!

+ Hiker. Grant's going on a long hike on the Pacific Crest Trail soon, and so Lila had to try his pack on. Straight out of the book Wild? I don't think so, but she was pretty excited to try on this pack, which was as tall as she is. And who doesn't love wearing slipper boots on the wrong feet and a flower girl dress while hiking!?


+ Fresh 'Do. I got my hair cut/colored this week and it feels SO much better. My hair gets SO thick in the back and so I always have them thin the crap out of it. I got a couple inches chopped and it feels much better. I still am in that weird in-between stage, where I want to grow it out but then also want it into a bob again. Decisions, decisions. 


+ Art Walk. I went with my mom and Grandma to an art walk recently and picked up these local artisan bangles, made of leather and long gold plated brass beads. They came in a million fun colors and I wanted all of them, but settled on this light green version.


+ The Little Things. I posted this on my Instagram, but yesterday it was POURING and Lila and I were caught running through her school parking lot without coats. We got soaked. However, it was time for our weekly Thursday Starbucks date, and it was nothing a hot cocoa and mocha couldn't cure. Plus, Lila discovered that they have delicious blackberry hibiscus gummy bears, which made her day. The little things! 


+ Who's your celeb boyfriend? If you have a few mindless minutes to spare, take this funny Buzzfeed quiz - "who's your celeb boyfriend." Mine was Chris Martin from Coldplay. Not sure we'd be a fit. I do like his music but I think he's a little brooding for me! Can you tell I'm easily entertained?



Have a great weekend!!!

Xo

14 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great! I love the cut and color! I love Lila's little UGG boots! So stinkin' cute!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great girl!! I love that picture of her with the backpack - can't believe how big it is!! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to go on a hiking. I've never done it before. Lila is too cute. I love your hair, hair always grows back so if you want to cut it short...although I do love how it looks long too :)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hair!! Cute bracelets, too!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hair! I'm in that awkward in-between stage with my hair too! I really want to grow it out, but the quickness of the short look is so tempting! I'm trying to hold out! Enjoy your family vacation, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Friday Favourite! So cool that your husband is hiking on the PCT! And I love that your little girls name is Lila, Lila is my absolute favourite name and I hope to have a little Lila of my own someday. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday to you Starbucks cuties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your haircut & those bracelets! Happy Friday :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair is so cute! Just trying to make it through the wedding without going crazy and chopping my hair off myself over here! haha! I love those bracelets too. And I immediately thought Wild when I saw Lila with that pack on, since in the book her pack is way too big for her too haha! I got Chris Martin (<-- legitimately typed "Christmas" first and had to backspace haha!) too...I do not agree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new hair cut/color :) Chelsea @thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lile is too cute in her little get up! Loving your hair cut...so much volume! Enjoy your vacation. I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those bracelets are so pretty! And I agree, Starbucks is a cure for everything :) Happy Friday, hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your daughter is the CUTEST! Who doesn't love a fresh haircut? I really need one myself, haha!

    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

    Xoxo, Amy J.
    Bowlines and Lace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that bracelet! The little things in life are the most important and the most overlooked! I couldn't agree more :) If you get a chance, I would love for you to stop by my blog and say hello: www.thesweetlifediaryofahealthnut.blogspot.com .

    xoxo Tori

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top