Thursday, September 3, 2015

Festive for fall

Now that September is finally here, temps have cooled and the rains have arrived (at least until this weekend), I'm decking the house out with a little festive decor for fall. I sort of do my holiday decor in phases - in September, I put out a bit of fall/harvest type decor. In October, I add a Halloween vibe or two, November is full blown Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving it's completely Christmas. Now that we celebrate Owen's birthday Jan. 2, I rip down the holiday decor right after Christmas, so that he doesn't have a Christmas-themed birthday.

But I digress. Today I'm linking up with Astleigh and Rachel to share a few pieces of my FALL festiveness! 

 To start, I like to have a festive entry way. I add more pumpkins and things closer to Halloween, but for now two mini squash/pumpkins, and my adorable carved pumpkin welcome sign I got last year from Astleigh's Etsy shop!  


In our living room, I have a few things up on the mantle. I swapped out the blue vase with neutral stems for a red vase with Chinese dried lanterns. I also swapped in my fall themed glassybaby votives.  And my Target $1 bin wreath with felt florals is in the middle. 

Last year I got a fun burlap and orange polka dot banner from Etsy, which the kids have already pulled down several times, but is cute while it lasts. 


On our small kitchen table, we have two little pumpkins ... 


And on our dining room table we have a rust-colored table runner and a bowl of glittery pears and acorns. 


I'll add a few more things in the coming weeks - I need some more scented candles and am on the lookout for some light up pumpkins but haven't had a chance to check out Michaels yet ... 

And ... I can't wait to have pumpkin pancakes - my favorite fall breakfast grace our decorated table soon - maybe this weekend?!



Xo




12 comments:

  1. OMG, pumpkin pancakes?! YES! I tried sweet potato pancakes this past winter and they were AMAZING. Loving your fall decor, I need mine up STAT!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fall decor! That welcome sign is so cool! I pretty much have the same decorating schedule. Except I only have like one Thanksgiving specific decoration and tons of Halloween. And I don't know if I'll be able to wait until October 1st to put out the Halloween stuff this year haha! I need to make pumpkin pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Pumpkin pancakes sound perfect for Saturday morning breakfast this week!

    I also decorate in stages during the fall! I start out with just my entryway and decorate the rest of the house as we go one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks SO cozy!!! I'm just like you when it comes to decorating for the holidays and seasons. It's a slow transition starting in September until Christmas is over! Who knows when baby girl will arrive and how we'll fit her birthday into the grand scheme of things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooove your entryway. So cute! Everything looks so festive and cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH! I LOVE your decor!! That chevron table runner is so cute!!!!! I love how on top of the decorating you are....decorating early makes fall come earlier right??! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your decor! I wish I had the discipline to decorate our house. Usually it just looks like it's in shambles... We do plan on getting pumpkins and putting them on our porch!

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those glassbaby votives. They look like a great way to start the transition to fall and seasonal decorating.

    xo, Carly - soak and simmer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now you have me excited for fall!!! And it's not even my favourite season or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pumpkin pancakes?! That's genius. All that decor is awesome too! BRING IT ON FALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so cute!!
    I love the welcome sign, the fall votives, and the glittery pears and acorns!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top