Friday, September 4, 2015

Fall Friday

OK so despite my title, it's not quite fall, but this week certainly felt like it. It's the start of September, the kids are all back in school and the weather has definitely cooled down around these parts. 

Here are my favorites from the week! 

In case you missed it, I started a little bit of fall decor around the house and that has also helped to put a festive spin on things. 


Owen and Lila loved it when I got the decorations out because they found two buckets full of plastic Easter eggs, one of which still had jelly beans in it (#oops #lilaatethem). Definitely kept them entertained for the better part of the afternoon!


Last night we watched the Seahawks in their last preseason game! I'm excited for the official start of the season! And in shocking news, I'm in my first fantasy football league this year (haha!) Grant and I "sharing" a team and we picked almost all Seahawks (not strategic but whatever!). Here we are at the "draft" party. 



Owen turned 20 months this week! I can't believe he's that much closer to 2!! He's definitely still such a sweet boy and I love this age he's at. Sweet and still a "baby" but so much fun and Lila's little shadow.


Lila went to the "big kid" dentist this week! I had been taking her to a pediatric dentist but decided to switch her over to my family practice dentist to streamline things. She loved it! She was even more thrilled to get a princess toothbrush after and have a nice long visit to the toy chest. 


Even though summer is pretty much over, that didn't stop me from getting a few new sandals! I've never had "espadrilles" (or whatever they are called) but I think these are technically a version? These are Sperry Topsider from Amazon of all places! they are super comfy and add a bit of height while being more comfortable than heels. 


We've been enjoying lots of grilling lately as usual and this week we made two kinds of salmon - one was chipotle maple and one was lemon basil. We liked the lemon one better but it was fun to have two kinds. We paired with a side of garlicky green beans - delish. 


And in case you missed it, I was so excited to be featured as a guest on Sundays with Sophie this week for Liz's "Becoming a Mother" series! I shared the six things I didn't expect when I became a mom. Check it out!

We're excited for the long weekend ahead!! Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the 3-day weekend if you have Monday off!!

Xo

8 comments:

  1. such a cutie! and so much braver than i am at the dentist! ;) i love the fall decor. i just started mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with your mantle decor! It looks so adorable! Also, love those new sandals! Never too late in the season to buy more summer shoes!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mantel decor! I am ready for Fall too, my decorations will probably be coming out in the next week or so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall decor is on point girl as are those sandals - love them!! Enjoy the weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. This weather has been amazing! And with school back in session, we've had the parks pretty much to ourselves to enjoy it:)

    Love those sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the return of football and finding great sandals! Super cute :)

    Happy Friday gurlie <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute shoes, yummy meal and your babies are precious!!! I had to smile at the mantle as I have a Fall mantle post on Monday!! Just love filling the house with Fall!! I hope you have a spectacular long weekend!! ;-)

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those espadrilles! (Though I definitely just call them wedges if they're the wedge version or flats if they're the flat version. Oh well!) That salmon sounds delicious, and Owen and Lila are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top