Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dinner Guests and a Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad

Momfessionals has a fun link-up going on today with the prompt - "Who's coming to dinner?" As in, who are the five people you'd invite to dinner? I love these kinds of posts because my friend Tanya and I always joke about our celebrity "best friends" and what amazing dinner parties we'd have ... my list is of course is way too long, of course, but I stuck to a few living people ... 

At my dinner would be ...
1. Paul McCartney, my favorite rocker and music legend! I'm sure he'd have great stories.

2. Sticking with the UK vibe, I'd HAVE to invite Will & Kate (and the kids, and maybe Prince Harry too). I'm sure they'd be so interesting too!

3. Jimmy Fallon. I think he's so funny and seems like he'd be a great friend too.  

4. Victoria Beckham (and maybe all the Spice Girls, and maybe her husband too). I find her strangely fascinating!! Not sure why, maybe it's the stern exterior.

5. The Seattle Seahawks (the whole team, naturally)

... And maybe Oprah too. 

In other news, here's a recipe that is great for anytime you want a light dinner. Plus it feels fancy enough for a celeb-filled dinner party. 


As I've mentioned, we make a lot of salads in our house and love to grill big batches of chicken, shrimp or steak on Sundays that we can easily throw into lunch or dinner items during the work week. We made this recipe even easier by using pre-cooked frozen shrimp (so gourmet), marinating them lightly in olive oil, lime and pepper and then quickly grilling them to warm and for grill marks and flavor (only a couple minutes since they were already cooked). You could also make this with chicken, steak or even just with the veggies. 

Cilantro Lime Shrimp Salad
1 lb shrimp, cooked (see above for my 'pre-cooked' directions, or if you want to cook your own, even better!)
2 Romaine lettuce hearts
Cherry tomatoes
1 large handful chopped cilantro
Shredded jack cheese (pepperjack would be great here too!)
2 green onions, chopped 
1 avocado, cubed
For dressing: sour cream, olive oil, handful cilantro, juice of 2 limes, i jalapeno pepper (seeds removed), salt to taste.

I based my dressing on this recipe, but cut down on the sour cream and added a bit of olive oil to make the dressing a thinner consistency. I didn't measure anything either, just tossed all into my little immersion blender and blended until it was the perfect taste.


For the salad, I also didn't measure the ingredients. I chopped two romaine heads and then eyeballed the rest. Mix with your dressing and top with a shrimp skewer or however you like to serve your shrimp.

ENJOY!

Xo

17 comments:

  1. I would 100% have Jimmy Fallon at any dinner party! That salad sound fantastic as well! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dinner idea! Although you may want to make this times 20 if you're invited the seahawks over ;)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dinner is right up my alley. Hey, if you're inviting the whole Seahawks team you better quadruple x12 that recipe hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn, I just realized Liz said the same thing, i'm not original anymore :( Either way…that would be crazy having the whole team at your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing they would prefer something a little more filling! Ha :)

      Delete
  5. That recipe sounds so yummy. And love that you'd invite Will and Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree on Will & Kate and Jimmy Fallon! That recipe looks delish :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That recipe looks so amazing and something I would totally make! I also love Victoria. Did you ever see the little mini series they did on her? She is really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks ahhhhmazing! I'd have to sub out the shrimp for the chicken, but YUM! And yesssss to Jimmy Fallon and Will and Kate <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to eat that while having dinner with Jimmy Fallon. Naturally I think I'd want to invite JT too so they could be funny together! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. shrimp, check. cilantro, check. love this and already pinned… and love your list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never made salad dressing from scratch but your recipe looks delish! Nice light meal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG that dressing... yum! I'm seriously drooling over here!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Victoria Beckham is an awesome choice! She's hard to read so I'd love to see her put her guard down!

    Lauren
    www.postgradinprogress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Let me know if Prince Harry makes it, I'm totally crashing if he does! ;)

    Angela @ Top Knots and Curly Locks

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love you list!!! that is an awesome list--minus the seahawks because i'm not a sports fan, but it would make a great party!! and that dish looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh this recipe looks delicious! Oh and Paul McCartney would totally make my list too!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top