Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Day on the farm

Last week I was helping organize my work group's Day of Caring volunteer event and we had a fun day on a local farm harvesting squash, green beans and potatoes for local area food banks. It was a perfect fall day and lots of fun to get out of the office and spent time on a working farm. 


I've been to numerous pumpkin patches before but never harvested produce on an actual farm. There were lots of fun sights to take in as well, including tractors ...


Pumpkins set along the fence posts ...


Lots of friendly cows, who loudly mooooooo'd as anyone walked by ...


Super cute pigs, oinking along in the dirt ...


And big bins full of our harvested squash!


And of course, me with a delicious cup of coffee. Would you expect anything less? 


It was fun to get out in the elements and try something new for a great cause.

Xo

8 comments:

  1. SO ready for some pumpkin picking! This post just makes me feel cozy!

    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to volunteer! This makes me even more excited for pumpkin picking season!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that kind of volunteering i LOVE. i want to get out on a farm and doing some pumpkin pickin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome event!! I love this idea! It sounds like fun for you all and very beneficial for the local food bank.
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when companies have programs like that :) Sounds like it was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been to a farm before, but it looks like so much fun. I can't believe there are companies out there that do this, I need to work for your company :)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I volunteered at a farm in Tacoma a couple times in college. I also got to spend a weekend at an alpaca farm in Australia when I was abroad. So much fun! I wish my company did volunteer days like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so awesome! I would love to do something along these lines. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top