Thursday, September 17, 2015

BFFs

Owen and Lila are at the sweetest age where they are truly little buds. Owen follows Lila wherever she goes and they love to play together. They love to make each other laugh, doing silly noises over and over, or growling at each other (so lovely) until they are both giggling out of control. Owen is always laughing at what Lila does especially, which is too cute, and she loves the attention.


 Here they showed up in the garage "Surprise!!!!" Look, Papa! We have Easter baskets on our heads!" 


One of their favorites is play is chase - which they play every evening in the yard after dinner, and every night before bedtime they do laps upstairs before they get in the tub.



They also LOVE playing in the tent. Poor Owen is generally subjected to play "Frozen" and is always Anna (naturally, since Lila has to be Elsa). They play it so often now he even says in a high-pitched voice holding the doll "Hiiiii, I'm Anna!!!!"


Lila will also help Owen down from the steps and keep an eye out for him (he's known to try to eat random things, like sidewalk chalk, mushrooms growing in our yard, or bark -  yikes). She also gladly eats his ice cream or will ask for treats "for Owen" ... (I know your tricks, sister!)


Recently, they've even started "fighting" - which is funny now but I'm sure it won't be so cute when it gets more serious. Owen's pretty laid back, so if Lila takes a toy from him or dominates what they are doing, typically he hasn't cared and would move onto a new toy or redirect to something else. Now, he'll come running "Mama, Lila MEAN!" - it's so hilarious!!!

I hope we have more years until the sibling bickering is in full swing. I need to take more videos of them playing so I can recall how sweet they once were.

Xo

9 comments:

  1. Haha! Yes in my house the bickering has started and it is not fun!! Enjoy the BFFs... I'm hoping mine will come back around :) and take lots of pics and videos

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! My little brother and I were like that for many years :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG could they be any cuter? Adorable! Love that they love to play together too, so sweet!
    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are the cutest!! The relationship they have is so special! My sister has three kids - and my nephew (the only boy) is just so sweet to his sisters! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! My brother is one of my best friends and I hope your kids will always be that way too!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too sweet and funny!!! I can only imagine how sweet it is to watch them grow together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love sibling relationships!! What's the age difference between the two?

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Owen's face in that picture of them playing chase! Ahhh my heart! (And maybe my ovaries. Hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh melt my heart!! They are so sweet!! Hoping and praying that Mia and baby brother have this same type of relationship!!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top