Friday, August 14, 2015

Weekend Ready

Happy Friday everyone! How was your week? In addition to work and "school," we've had a lot going on this week. We're getting our roof re-done (#holyexpensive!!!!) and I've been cleaning out the kids' outgrown clothes, etc. I'm excited for another weekend, because my week could have been illustrated like this ... except replace that scotch with some wine :)

Here are some of my favorites from the week!

Speaking of coffee, to illustrate just how much  I've been drinking, I've been having a few cups in the morning and then in the afternoon switching to iced coffee. This means almost no water/other non-caffeinated beverages. So bad! I've tried to force myself to drink water but need to really work on that before I wither up from too much caffeine. 


This week I've also had the chance to work from home more. Sometimes I work from Starbucks just to get out of the house. I've found I'm honestly more productive because there aren't the office distractions when you're by yourself. Here I am this week trying the Starbucks mango black tea lemonade. They use mango instead of the 'classic' simple syrup and it was quite refreshing! Have you tried it? 

PS - I'm wearing my new Nordstrom sale light denim top in this pic - love it!! Super comfy but structured so it doesn't get wrinkly. 


This weekend I'm hoping to bake something to use the blackberries we picked on our hike last weekend. I think a good berry cobbler is calling my name. I made this one last year right about this same time, so maybe it's time to make it again!


And speaking of this weekend, it's our seven year wedding anniversary!!! I posted this week about some of my favorite memories from the past seven years ... who knew it'd fly by so quickly!? We even still share pretzels ... ha!!! We have a babysitter but no plans yet, so we'll see where the night takes us! 



Hope you had a great week and have an even better weekend!!!

Xo

12 comments:

  1. Question: I am also a coffee addict, how do you make your iced coffee at home?! Super curious, it's been so hot in Alabama this summer but I still crave coffee and would love to be able to make an iced one at home!

    Linds @ not a mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Starbucks Mango Black Tea Lemonade is amazing! I don't drink coffee so I think I have tried all of their teas and that is definitely one of my favorites!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I am right there with you on the coffee. I have been drinking so much coffee lately...it's so bad! I need a detox from it haha! But enjoying iced coffee while its still hot out is a must!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so easy to do cup after cup!!! I started added some coconut water in my routine just for some extra hydration!!! Happy weekend to you guys and happy anniversary!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you two love birds - enjoy your weekend celebrating! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that new denim top from the sale! Happy Anniversary :) Have a great weekend celebrating!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like the Thursday cup of coffee is my Monday cup. I try to drink as much water as I can in a day, it really helps me feel better about the day. Have a great weekend!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM to the cobbler, can't wait to see how it turns out. And I hear ya on the caffeine intake, but it just feels so good! And how can you say no to those adorable venti cups at Starbucks with the sunglasses?

    Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhh that top is fab! The Nordstrom sale was awesome and deadly this year right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been drinking so much coffee too this week, especially cold brew because it's so hot out! Plus it just tates better than boring old water. ;) Happy Friday!

    Jasmin
    www.jasminlovescoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michael orders the mango black tea lemonade and I've tried his and it's really good! Have so much fun celebrating your anniversary this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same denim top in white from Nordstrom! It is the absolute softest thing in the world! Enjoy your weekend!

    Annie
    AllThingsBigAndSmallBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top