Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekend: Day in the Life!

I tell ya, I'm not ready for today to be Monday. This weekend went by way too quickly and I could have used another nap or two before I had to wake up bright and early this morning. Oh well - a few pots of coffee will hopefully do the trick!

We had another fun summer weekend with lots of time spent outdoors! Today I'm linking here to share my "day in the life" post!  

Friday.

4:00 p.m. After I got home from work and picking up Lila, it was HOT so we quickly filled the pool. Owen takes his hose duty very seriously (and is not pleased when you take it away!).


Lila and I were just thrilled it was FRIDAY! TGIF!!! 


8:00 p.m. After we put the kids to bed, Grant and I had a friend over for dinner, which we enjoyed outside. We grilled flank steak and fresh summer squash and I made my favorite summer caprese salad. 


Saturday.

7:30 a.m. Saturday mornings come a little too early. By 7:30 Lila was dressed and ready to play! We played a few games while we waited for Papa and Owen to wake up, and I enjoyed my first of several cups of coffee in the process. 


10:00 a.m. We hit the road for a hike! It was pretty steep and Lila didn't want to walk back up so we brought the BOB stroller and poor Grant got a real workout in carrying both Owen and pushing the stroller. I was quite sweaty when it was over, and I was only carrying myself so I can only imagine how tired Grant was!


12:00 p.m. We rewarded our hike with burritos for lunch!!! Mmmm. 


1:00 - 3:00 p.m. - Family nap time. I was the only one who didn't sleep, but I got a little R&R in and some quiet time. 

5:00 p.m. After nap time, we went out to get Owen a quick haircut! He got to sit in the little Thomas train and was mighty thrilled :) 


The place where he gets his haircut is a cute little village of shops, so we wandered around and played at a little toy store before heading home. 

8:00 p.m. We ate dinner after the kids went to bed again. Grant said he needed to do some work, so I settled into the couch with my wine to watch Magic Mike (the first one). Suddenly Grant was free, watched the whole movie and even said "that actually was pretty good" at the end (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I was shocked and amused. 


Sunday. 

10 a.m. We hit the zoo! Owen had fun watching the otters ... 


... and naturally Lila's favorite part was the frozen treats! 


4:00 p.m. After naptime, we hit the pool in the backyard. It was hot and lovely! I sat by the edge with an iced coffee while the kids thought it was hilarious to dump water on my feet! 


After that, it was a quick dinner and off to bed for the kids, while I enjoyed some reading. 



Hope you had a great weekend too!!

Xo

14 comments:

  1. Can the weekend come back please?! Yours looked lovely! And I'm with Lila, give me all the frozen treats! Have such a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering if we could take our jogger hiking, I'm glad to see it can be done! Looks like a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun things packed in one weekend! I agree with Astleigh, can the weekend come back?? This summer (and its weekends...) are just flying by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great peek into your weekend! I love how seriously your little man takes his pool time!! I wish I had that snow cone right now!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like each Monday that comes by, I'm still scratching my head on where Friday, Saturday and Sunday went.
    Owen is too precious! I bet Sophie would love that job, she's all about water (and wasting it too...)

    What a trooper Grant is! I can hardly climb up a hill myself, let alone carry a child and push a child, I would
    have quit five minutes in. that burrito loooks soooo yummy! Definitely a reward.

    I can see why your weekend went by so quickly, you packed it with fun adventures and activities!!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh...I will say this again again, you have the cutest kids!! I am now huge fans of Owen and Lila!!! And of your salad during Magic Mike....that looks soooo good!! Sounds like a perfect weekend xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a steak salad with blue cheese, mmm!

      Delete
  7. You had a fun weekend! Your kids are adorable, by the way!
    Oh, and I have to ask... how many cups of coffee a day do you drink? I am a huge coffee lover, too, but if I drink any past 4pm, I'll be up even later than I already am!
    BB
    http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends ... today I've only had a latte and that's probably all I'll have (I'm at the office) but on the weekends I have way too much. I probably had about 6 yesterday, over the course of the day. And that included two iced coffees in the afternoon. Eek!

      Delete
  8. whatcha reading?! Looks like such a fun weekend! The food! The hike! The pool time! Have a great monday!

    not a mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever you ate for dinner while you watched Magic Mike looks divine!!! I love that your husband loved that movie. Hahaha! A weekend with hiking and a trip to the zoo sounds like fun to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I probably need that penguin game, whatever it is. Penguins are my favorite! I've been wanting to go hiking for a while now! And if it gives me an excuse to reward myself with a burrito (or anything else delicious!) then it's gotta be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a fun weekend! Thats hilarious that your husband was suddenly free for all of Magic Mike, and enjoyed it haha.

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top