Friday, August 7, 2015

This & That

Happy Friday!! This week flew by for me but I'm excited for another summer weekend! And hopefully a healthy one. Thankfully Lila's stomach flu was short lived and none of us seem to have caught it (yet - eek!).

Because it was so much fun, she and I continued our "date" tradition this week and went to Starbucks after preschool one day. It's so fun to sit and talk with her. She's like talking to a little teenager, telling me all about her day, the kids at school, who is going to marry who (YES they have it all figured out at age 4), etc. I love it!!



Speaking of, what's going on with cute celeb couples breaking up recently!!! First, Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck (so sad!), THEN Blake and Miranda (boo hoo!!), THEN Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale (tears!) and now Kermit and Miss Piggy!? Geez, can't puppets be spared from Hollywood marriage curses? Not sure if you read this story but it's pretty funny ...


I also loved this hilarious article from Buzzfeed showing what all the Disney princesses would like like as old ladies!!! My favorite? Ariel! Seriously, I'm jealous of whoever's job it is to THINK of these articles and make them come to life !!
Owen's also been as cute as ever. He LOVES going to the library and reading books about trucks!! Firetrucks are his favorite, but he loves really all books. He'll get a little pile and sit and "read," pointing out various things. It's so sweet!


He also is so goofy and loves to be funny! He came around the corner wearing Lila's Elsa wig the other day and LOVED the reaction he got. 


I posted yesterday that Grant and I have been trying to sneak in more dates even if they are at home after the kids go to bed! Any other fun date tips are welcome! 


And in case you missed it, I posted this Enchilada Bake recipe this week. It's easy and delicious - my favorite combo.



PS - did you see THIS recipe?! This has to be the weirdest/grossest combo ever!!! I imagine it's served at a state fair or something ...

Hope you have a great weekend!!

xo

6 comments:

  1. The enchilada bake looks awesome and yay for more dates with your hubby! I posted some date ideas on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen the Disney princess thing, Ariel is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Disney princess thing is too funny! Love dates – they are the best – enjoy enjoy enjoy! I can’t wait to try that enchilada bake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's so sad all of these celeb couples breaking up, especially Ben and Jen, they seemed rock solid just last year (of course it's not like I know any of these people, but still reading their story makes me sad.

    I should get Sophie a library card so she can read :) I hope to have dates with SOphie when she's a bit older. Those Disney princesses look soooo old...poor Meg...she actually didn't live on Olypmus at the end of the movie, they could have a better old age thing for her

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not believe the kermit the frog story! What is happening?!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Owen in the Elsa wig! So cute. The Disney princesses as old ladies thing is awesome. I wish I could get paid to think up stuff like that too!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top