Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Things I Never Thought I'd Say ...

When you're young and carefree, there are several statements you'd never expect yourself saying, especially as a parent. We even have a little quote book in our kitchen drawer so we can quickly jot down funny things we or the kids say.

Here are some frequently used phrases around our house ... 


owen discovered toilet paper at 9 months. we're so proud!



+ "Eeek, be careful!!!" 

+ "Don't eat that!!!!" (this is said at least 100 times per day)

+ "Just a minute, Mama is _______ right now." 

+ "Did you just pee in the tubby?" 

+ "Don't lick that!" 

+ "Let's play the quiet game! Whoever can be quiet the longest wins!"

+ "Did you just poop?"

+ "Lila, will you go smell Owen and see if he needs a new diaper?" 

+ "Yes, you need to wear underwear with your dress." 

+ "No whining please." 

+ "You have your own drink!"

+ "No, you can't have candy for breakfast." 

+ "Don't eat the mushrooms growing in the grass!" 

+ "Sure, you can dip your chicken nuggets into yogurt."

+ "Did you just feed Owen a booger?" 

+ "Can you take one more bite?" 

And the list could go on and on ... 

Xo

10 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud! Every day must be an adventure!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this made me laugh. There are no littles in our house, so these things are rarely said - but I hear them a lot on vacation when we're with our nieces and nephews.

    xo, Carly - soak and simmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughing and so relating!!! Although my kids are teens, I think I said all these things gazillions of times and still say some of them. Lol!! Sweet blog, happy to find you!! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

    livingoncloudandreanine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - even though I dont have kids yet - i've said pretty much all of these to my nieces and nephew at some point lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it--and i'm sure that's all said within one hour! i'm a nanny and can completely relate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA so funny and so true!! You have your own drink is a real problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie is obsessed with toilet paper, she often steals it out of the bathroom 10 times a day....It's like a thing with toddlers..

    My favorite one is "don't eat that" or "what did you just eat?" I swear if I got a penny every time I said that, well I'd be a millionaire now.


    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny!!!! I say quite a few of these myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well we don't have kids yet, but I do have to tell my dogs not to eat stuff pretty regularly! Haha. Too bad they don't really listen...

    This was so funny. And it shows me what I'm in for one day. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo funny!! I've heard (and said) many of those things myself!

    ReplyDelete

Scroll
to Top